No announcement yet.

Firefox 3 Beta 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not even touch beta versions of vBulletin and never will. I am just waiting for them to fix one thing for firefox 3, before I would download it.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1439946

Comment

The real release date is Nov 9 actually. Here's to hope Firefox uses less memory.

(for some reason digg opened here with ALL comments expanded O_o, is that a new "feature"?)
      Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

What is "new and fantastic" about this version? I don't really follow Firefox because I only load it once a week or so. Seems every time I launch it there is something that needs to be updated.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          What is "new and fantastic" about this version? I don't really follow Firefox because I only load it once a week or so. Seems every time I launch it there is something that needs to be updated.
          download history - files that you downloaded in the past
          site-specific preferences
          *places (http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/schre...fox_3_pla.html)

And well...
          http://wiki.mozilla.org/Firefox3/Pro...ments_Document

but of course, tabs were so misunderstood and underestimated.... I expect places to have the same status at the start
          CemZoo Wiki - The complete anime encyclopedia
          CemZoo Foros - Spanish Anime & Gaming Community (also browse our archive)

Comment

Add permanent button for restarting Firefox
            Only ask the user to save the password after they know the login has succeeded
            That's what I look forward to the most lol

Comment

does it still eat up 200+ mb of ram at 5 open tabs? can you now customize keyboard shortcuts?

Comment

sure about speed and loading time, you must try out safari for windows, I have noticed incredible speeds for displaying pages and in its overall memory usage.
                security community

Comment

Originally posted by class101 View Post
                  sure about speed and loading time, you must try out safari for windows, I have noticed incredible speeds for displaying pages and in its overall memory usage.
                  Safari has finally matured a little, with fast loading times for the program as well as the web pages. Now it just needs to undergo an update so it doesn't look like s* on Windows. It's fine on the OSX where I use it. I am slowly moving away from FireFox in favor of Safari because of the performance. The old crap version of Safari isn't a good representation of what it is today. They've done a good job on improving it. I still like FireFox a lot, it is still the best browser to use in my opinion. It makes doing my online stuff a lot quicker, organized and easier. But since version 2 it's become a lot slower to load as a program, and pages load quite slow too at times. And for that reason I don't feel like I should be running any beta of version 3 of FireFox, and maybe start giving Safari the benefit of the doubt here.

Comment

Originally posted by class101 View Post
                    Safari might be a nice browser if it wasn't so ugly on Windows. Yes, looks of the applications matter and it doesn't inherit the Windows them like all applications should.

As for Firefox 3, don't see anything on the linked pages above that make it "new and fascinating" for me.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Greps View Post
                      does it still eat up 200+ mb of ram at 5 open tabs? can you now customize keyboard shortcuts?
                      From what people have said about it it looks like the memory issues have finally been fixed.
                      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                        Safari might be a nice browser if it wasn't so ugly on Windows. Yes, looks of the applications matter and it doesn't inherit the Windows them like all applications should.

As for Firefox 3, don't see anything on the linked pages above that make it "new and fascinating" for me.
                        Not only that but 1/10 page loads I get when testing in it give me some weird null error. A refresh fixes it. I know it's beta, but it's by no stretch of the imagination complete. On top of that it's been months since the beta was released and we've still seen no update (users want proxy support etc.)
                        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

When can we firefox 3 beta 1 download, and where?

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                            I am slowly moving away from FireFox in favor of Safari because of the performance.
                            Did you try Saft for Safari? It's great and it adds a lot of stuff I missed when I switched from Firefox to Safari.
                            That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxisSpieler View Post
                              When can we firefox 3 beta 1 download, and where?
                              http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.o...-firefox3.0b1/

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X