Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please - Do not buy fur!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Please - Do not buy fur!

    Hi,

    I have come across a website by accident and I was shocked to see what I found it shows how poor animals are killed just for there fur and the nice people at peta are trying to get all animal cruelty stopped.


    WARNING - Do not watch the fur video on the right if your do not like graphic material as I watched it by mistake which lead me to give a donation of 35.

    PS - Sorry if its breaking the vBulletin rules but I do not intend to upset anyone in any way I just feel so sorry for these poor animals, People should respect all animals just like they respect use.

    Thanks for reading this.
    Last edited by Zachery; Sun 4th Nov '07, 1:21pm.

  • #2
    Whilst I agree with the root of Peta's cause, I completely disagree with the shock tactics they use to get their message across. They have a stand in my local town run by volunteers and they show graphic images of animal abuse. I personally don't want to see it, and I certainly wouldn't want my kids seeing it.

    Btw, this topic has the ability to bring out a lot of strong, and angry responses from people. Perhaps it should be closed before that happens.
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

    Comment


    • #3
      Peta is almost a terroist organization, at least in my mind. I've removed the link to their site. I'm sure anyone who wants to find it can.

      Comment


      • #4
        I'm completely against fur... and very against PETA at the same time. I'm not trying to get links on here, but I wrote these articles and hope you'll take the time to read them.

        This one is about fur: Don't Bring Fur Back This Fall

        This one is about PETA: The Truth About PETA
        I Heart Paws - Pet Forums & Pet Community

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Dean C View Post
          Whilst I agree with the root of Peta's cause, I completely disagree with the shock tactics they use to get their message across. They have a stand in my local town run by volunteers and they show graphic images of animal abuse. I personally don't want to see it, and I certainly wouldn't want my kids seeing it.

          Btw, this topic has the ability to bring out a lot of strong, and angry responses from people. Perhaps it should be closed before that happens.
          I did not like what I saw myself as I was looking on the you-tube site at the comments what Heather Mills was on about on GMTV and it came up with a stupid popup of it which I did not appreciate.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by DaveTomneyUK View Post
            I have come across a website by accident and I was shocked to see what I found it shows how poor animals are killed just for there fur and the nice people at peta are trying to get all animal cruelty stopped.

            In the United States, PETA adopts 80,000 animals a year from shelters and then puts them to sleep. While I agree with the message of not buying fur, I cannot endorse PETA.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Angeleyes View Post
              I'm completely against fur... and very against PETA at the same time. I'm not trying to get links on here, but I wrote these articles and hope you'll take the time to read them.

              This one is about fur: Don't Bring Fur Back This Fall

              This one is about PETA: The Truth About PETA
              Damn I did not know that, I am going to stop my donation. It is surtainly miss-leading as I thought peta was good to all animals when it seems like they are not.

              I will give the 35 to my local animal sanctuary instead.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by DaveTomneyUK View Post
                Damn I did not know that, I am going to stop my donation. It is surtainly miss-leading as I thought peta was good to all animals when it seems like they are not.

                I will give the 35 to my local animal sanctuary instead.
                Thank you for taking the time to read it. I really appreciate it!

                I always say... I lose money on my website (probably because I'm just not good enough at SEO ), but if I can spread the word to just ONE person it's all worth it!
                I Heart Paws - Pet Forums & Pet Community

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  In the United States, PETA adopts 80,000 animals a year from shelters and then puts them to sleep. While I agree with the message of not buying fur, I cannot endorse PETA.
                  One of the few times you'll see me agreeing with, Wayne, 100%.

                  I used to maintain a cat pet list, and how PETA use hook and crook methods in closing down breeders (often in sheer spite), is absolutely appalling. Time spent on rescuing pets for real emergencies, are diverted to save breeder pets from being PTS. In some jurisdictions (like Florida) they simply would not release pets from shelters, which lead to all night marathons looking for local rescurers.

                  The Atlantic City feral round up by PETA, let alone the Virginia Beach "no-kill" shelter lie, are just the tip of the iceberg of outright lies those creeps tell the public. The same folks who claim that no human should have pets, let alone release domesticated animals into the wild, where they die a much more cruel death than in some China food market!

                  PETA just needs to disband.
                  "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                  is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                  ~~~
                  Leonardo da Vinci

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    The Kung Fu Panda will kick there.....(Finish the Thing your self)

                    Poor animals When the "Terrorist Group" Dies they will never find eternal happyness

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                      Peta is almost a terroist organization, at least in my mind. I've removed the link to their site. I'm sure anyone who wants to find it can.
                      100% aggreement..

                      I've seen a bunch of their ads and I think they are way out of line.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I am not into killing animals for fur, however is it any better to kill them for meat?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          A bit over-dramatic, don't you think? To compare them to an "almost terrorist organization" is over-the-top description. Dean C made a good point that this kind of topic will bring out strong and angry responses and it has.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I believe I've seen the video before, it's very distubing

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Freesteyelz View Post
                              A bit over-dramatic, don't you think? To compare them to an "almost terrorist organization" is over-the-top description.
                              No. If you ever had to deal with one of PETA's campaigns of hate and vice, you'd never consider them anything but bona fide terrorists.

                              Here's the "logic" of PETA in a nutshell...
                              1. Claim they care about the "rights" of animals (not the welfare, "rights" BIG difference).
                              2. Claim that no human should own pets.
                              3. Take ferals and strays and...Send them to "no kill" shelters that are really kill shelters; or release these domesticated animals into the wild, believing that their animal instincts can adapt in time before they die from wild animals and diseases (and no vaccinations and neutering/spaying isn't enough to ensure wild survival. Domestication means they're docile).
                              4. If you breed any pet (be it AKC or CFA purebreeds included) they will try every tactic known to close the operation down. Some measures including a public list of all breeders in a county (so these PETA nuts can track them down and harass them); launching false campaigns of cruelty (claiming the breeder has an inhumane facility -- like purebreed breeders have more than a litter at a time, and they're not "raised under their foot" in their homes); closing those breeders down while letting the city kill shelter to take in all of the pets (they really love doing this in jurisdictions where animal rescurers can't readily come in and take them, too). They fill/call in these false reports, and because the reports can be made anonymously, there's no accountability, either. The result is a nerve wrecking week of trying to place pets, while trying to overturn the false reports.
                              5. Align with real animal welfare organizations (ASPCA and The American Humane Society), then pushing the extreme "animal welfare" laws, that turn owning a pet into a crime. Went from throwing the guys who shoot and kick kittens into jail, to if you have more than 6 pets you're going to jail (bye bye animal rescuing, because you can only have 6 pets total on your property).
                              That defines Terrorism to a "T".
                              "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
                              is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
                              ~~~
                              Leonardo da Vinci

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X