Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Article System

Hi,

Is there a free vBulletin Article System?

This would go great for a car forum, would allow users to add tutorials for other people.

If there isnt one about, then class this as a suggestion.

Before anyone points out "we do not support code modification, visit vB.org" I have and got no replies you can read it here.

Thanks

GARS is on vB.org for free. It's a pain in the ass to understand at first, and the default templates for it are verging on horrific. But the concept behind it is pretty smart and once you get your head around it, it's extremely powerful
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

The free GARS on .org is only for vbulletin 3.5, not the 3.6 series.
      Europanet.dk

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
        GARS is on vB.org for free. It's a pain in the ass to understand at first, and the default templates for it are verging on horrific. But the concept behind it is pretty smart and once you get your head around it, it's extremely powerful
        Hi Bud,

Did you manage this on 3.6?

Comment

Originally posted by Reece^B View Post
          Hi Bud,

Did you manage this on 3.6?
          Yes, running it on the latest version.
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Okay cheers, il take a look.

Comment

I'm curious about this as well. /subscribed

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                Yes, running it on the latest version.
                You sure your not not talking about an old version of GARS that was released ages ago for vBulletin 3.5 on vB.org. You got me thinking Sam the owner had made the decission to release all his products on vB.org after the recent family problems he's been having.

But it seems he still has not released the latest GARS version there yet, and is still giving a coder the chance to take over instead as an alternative.

Comment

While Dynamics isn't free, it's a pretty darn versatile application. I've been using it quietly for the last few months and I'm quite happy with it.

http://www.vbadvanced.com/products.p...fo&productid=7
                  ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                  Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I've spent many years finding something I liked...

save the time...use this www.interactivetools.com

Comment

There are many many people that need easy-install, easy-integration with vbulletin and easy-use article system software, at low cost.

I think that many sites publish few articles by month, even by year, then the solution for this kind of sites should come from vbulletin as a Add-on or a Feature.
                      Mauricio Solano R. - Costa Rica
                      Vote for fix the double word issue

Comment

I looked into VB Dynamics and it's pretty cool, though it still have some big issues that haven't been resolved for some reason or other (such as comments on multi-page articles displaying on every page rather than the last one only). It also uses separate fields for content storage so it's STILL not completely "integrated" with VB.

Comment

What do you mean by "integrated"?
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

I agree, vba Dynamics is a very fancy and powerful script.
                            Europanet.dk

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
                              What do you mean by "integrated"?
                              Since the logins, templates, etc are already shared, the final thing would be search integration. Are VB Dynamics database fields factored into VB's search function?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X