Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Invisionpower Board or Vbulletin?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    If you ask on a VB based site, VB will likely be chosen. Same if its an IPB site. Either way, biased opinions are bound to prevail. So ask the question on a PHPBB themed site. lol
    Or a general discussion forum such as theadminzone.com .

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
      If you ask on a VB based site, VB will likely be chosen. Same if its an IPB site. Either way, biased opinions are bound to prevail. So ask the question on a PHPBB themed site. lol
      Nice idea, but I see one problem with that. Most people who use phpBB, use it I would imagine because they don't want to pay for a forum like vBulletin or Invision. Hence, most of them there have probably never used them both to give a valid vote based on experience.

      I've used both though and have a licence for both. In all honesty. Taking into account they both have there Pro's and Cons. I'd say there about the same really.

      Comment


      • #18
        PHP Sucks Well at least the ones i have tried. It wont even let you change a template

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Balthasorus View Post
          PHP Sucks Well at least the ones i have tried. It wont even let you change a template
          PHP is awesome, vBulletin is written in it

          Comment


          • #20
            PHP is evil too (if your trying to create a small comment system for a friend and it keeps spitting errors at you)
            On-topic: It looks like it's 2:1 for vBulletin to IPB ^^
            Last edited by SNN; Sun 21st Oct '07, 5:43am. Reason: numbers were backwards

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by SNN View Post
              PHP is evil too (if your trying to create a small comment system for a friend and it keeps spitting errors at you)
              On-topic: It looks like it's 1:2 for vBulletin to IPB ^^
              I am sure the vote result for IPB voters is from unlicensed newly registered members

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Floris View Post
                I am sure the vote result for IPB voters is from unlicensed newly registered members
                Get wayne or steve to check in admincp .

                Comment


                • #23
                  What I am trying to say - and others in this thread that posted - is that the results are not accurate.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Floris View Post
                    What I am trying to say - and others in this thread that posted - is that the results are not accurate.
                    Yeah I know.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      vBulletin still rocks for me!
                      www.christianforumsite.com
                      sigpic

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                        Get wayne or steve to check in admincp .
                        Only 4 votes are from licensed vB users and three of those members had received infractions in the past. I have no idea if that had anything to do with their votes.

                        One IPB voter has a link to his IPB forum in his sig and is not a vB customer. Three others are newly registered members with 2 or less posts and are not vB customers either.

                        As someone pointed out a poll on a vB forum is naturally going to be slanted towards vB. Can anyone point out a similar poll on an IPB forum that has not been closed or deleted? I suspect not.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                        Steve Machol Photography


                        Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                          Only 4 votes are from licensed vB users and three of those members had received infractions in the past. I have no idea if that had anything to do with their votes.

                          One IPB voter has a link to his IPB forum in his sig and is not a vB customer. Three others are newly registered members with 2 or less posts and are not vB customers either.

                          As someone pointed out a poll on a vB forum is naturally going to be slanted towards vB. Can anyone point out a similar poll on an IPB forum that has not been closed or deleted? I suspect not.
                          Haha, thanks for the insider information . I suspected that is what happened.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I like any free alternatives (and I use them now) but even then vb stays on top of my list. As soon as I can afford another vb license, I am not waiting for a second thought.
                            www.christianforumsite.com
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              I'm going to have ot go with... both. IPS and VBulletin are good. It really matters on what you would want in them. The features are what I look at for choosing a forum to use.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                When choosing, I did what was suggested and asked on an independent forum, vB was unanimously picked by the handful of advisors, which is the reason I'm here.

                                But both softwares have their individual advantages. What is important to you?

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X