Do you allow linking?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you allow linking?

Do you allow your member to post other forum link when they are posting on your board and why?

Yes - freedom is rewarding .

Comment

Yes - and again freedom

Comment

Users aren't allowed to advertise without asking. But linking back to their web site or some other site is the way the internet works, I don't see why this should be punished.

Comment

Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
          Yes - freedom is rewarding .
          Same, just keep an eye to bandwidth.
          Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
          Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio68 View Post
            Same, just keep an eye to bandwidth.
            Not really a problem with our forum.

Comment

I do, unless they're just blatantly spamming it and not really participating on my forum. Other than that I don't see what the problem is or why I should limit my users from doing so. I do monitor the links to make sure they don't go to inappropriate things though.
              Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

When i had my board i allowed members to link back to their sites but no advertising.
                Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

Linking back and advertising are one in the same. Yes, we know the difference in terms but any exposure is what it is.

Edited: Spl check.
                  Last edited by Freesteyelz; Sat 20 Oct '07, 10:50pm.

Comment

I do.
                    Because most of the time they appreciate it and they promote us back.
                    www.christianforumsite.com
                    sigpic

Comment

On my Site theyre allowd, But once they abuse it i hit the ban button

Comment

Originally posted by Balthasorus View Post
                        On my Site theyre allowd, But once they abuse it i hit the ban button
                        You imply that you're running a forum .. could you please go to the members area and set yourself up for priority support, so we know you're a licensed customer? Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                          You imply that you're running a forum .. could you please go to the members area and set yourself up for priority support, so we know you're a licensed customer? Thank you.

What do you mean?

Comment

If you're running vB then you'll need to update your license info in Members Area for support. Though, it looks like you're running IP.Board and if that's the case then the statement doesn't apply to you.

Comment

We allow linking in their sigs as long as it's doesn't conflict with the rules like no warez, hate sites, p0rn, etc. We'll allow a post about their sites (not affiliate nor referral) in an ad forum but not elsewhere since we consider that spam.
                              TNT for me!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X