Take Care All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take Care All

Well, it has been fun. vB is a great forum but it is time to move on now. Thank you all for the great help an support you have given me. This is still the best PAID forum software out there in my opinion. Not the best after adding modifications and themes as far as paid support (since the first suggestion is to remove all modifications and themes and then see if the errors exist) but the coding and software is great. Support is still tops here and as long as you have a big busy forum and the $ to continue with it, you will not be displeased.
    Anyway, since I have no more of the latter and have a simple forum with simple members needing simple things like faster loading, etc. it has come time to move on.
    I wish you all well and the the person that purchased my license, I wish you much success with the new site. vB is still tops in a paid forum and I cannot say you went wrong with going with them.
    Maybe one day if we become a busy site again, we will take a look back and see how vB is doing from time to time but until then, I have to leave.

Take care and again, thank you all.
    CP

Sorry to see you go, but good luck with whatever next you're going to do, and .. hopefully we will see you back in the future!

Comment

You were one of the best Floris. Thank you much!

Comment

I can't help but notice in your signature your using SMF as your forum now. What made you sell vBulletin and start using SMF. If you still think vBulletin is the best?

Comment

About your signature, we don't allow both text and images, so .. please update it Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
            I can't help but notice in your signature your using SMF as your forum now. What made you sell vBulletin and start using SMF. If you still think vBulletin is the best?
            1 difference in your statement, I stated
            it is still the best PAID forum software out there
            SMF is FREE

Comment

Originally posted by C_P View Post
              1 difference in your statement, I stated SMF is FREE
              I have a friend, who did the same recently. Went from a vB to a SMF. Reasoning behind it was due to the fatc that he started the board off with a vB and it didn't do well, so he decided to cut his losses there and sell the licence.

So I think it's better to start off with SMF or a free board and IF/Once activity booms up, go for a paid board. Otherwise, your wasting money if it's a very small board.

Comment

I didn't get to know ya CP, but we hope to see you back posting on the vb.com forums

Take care.
                -- Web Developer for hire
                ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Thank you much for the well wishes.

Comment

Best wishes. I really hope you'll come back. You would miss a lot otherwise.
                    www.christianforumsite.com
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jeffinj View Post
                      Best wishes. I really hope you'll come back. You would miss a lot otherwise.
                      Thank you much!

Comment

Colour me confused, but what is the point of a thread like this?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
                          I have a friend, who did the same recently. Went from a vB to a SMF. Reasoning behind it was due to the fatc that he started the board off with a vB and it didn't do well, so he decided to cut his losses there and sell the licence.

So I think it's better to start off with SMF or a free board and IF/Once activity booms up, go for a paid board. Otherwise, your wasting money if it's a very small board.
                          Thing is though, if your running a Free forum board like SMF and it's doing very well as a community, why switch to a paid forum board like vBulletin that will start to cost you money.

I read a post here a while ago, were this person was using SMF and had a very active community. Because "HE" liked vBulletin, he decided to change over to it from SMF. But after doing so he said his members didn't like it and his post counts dropped drastically, along with members activity. So sometimes changing from a Free board to a paid one doesn't always pay off. I suppose it's always best to ask what your members think first, which in this case he didn't do prior to the change and paid the price fot it!

The point I'm trying to make is - there seems to be this theory that a community will do even better if your using a Paid forum board, as opposed to a Free one. Which is not necessarily true.
                          Last edited by MRGTB; Tue 16 Oct '07, 2:39pm.

Comment

Let's not turn this thread into an A vs B thread, but rather about you saying goodbye instead of saying hello .. to your vb friends here. Whatever reasons you have to part, you are always welcome back in the future.

Comment

Yes, let's get back on topic.
                              Later, C_P.

I have a small wager here saying we haven't seen the last of you.
                              Toddler from Hell

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X