No announcement yet.

Man, 72, refused alcohol over age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I know were your coming from. But the police can check the car reg against the owner over the radio and also know if the car is taxed and insured there and then. So they can ask you questions like were you live, your age, date of birth, address, NI number, place of work etc. To see if they think you are the owner driver. They already know if the car is taxed and insured.

If you answer all the questions right. They have no reason to suspect anything and just issue a ticket.

I guess there are some cases when they might still think otherwise. But it's never happened to me. I've been pulled quite a few times driving, while going fishing late at night in the Lake District by police. "poachers and all that". Same old story and produce docs. But not in all cases do I even get asked to produce docs in scenarios like that.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
      Yes it sure is, it was only highlighted on the radio here this week that it's gone up in the UK "10 fold" since they allowed all the immigrants into the UK. That's what they police are blaming it on anyway (I agree).

Another reason why we don't like to leave anything in cars of importance with personal information that can be used.
      Same here. I have to laugh when I hear the police chief saying things like "don't leave your registration in your car" - his officers still expect it and won't let you off the hook because you follow the advice of the chief......
      Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate.
      www.TalkArizona.com

Comment

good one - need I say more when even the chief of police says don't leave them in your car.

So when the police say. Why do you not have the docs in your car.

Your answer - police of chief told me not too.

Comment

If you answer all the questions right. They have no reason to suspect anything and just issue a ticket.

How would one know if the answers are correct? I could just straight off tell him someone else's info.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

But it's something most of us just don't do. For reasons like, fear of losing it and it getting into the wrong hands etc. You are supposed to alwasy carry all your car documents around in the car in-case the police pull you over. But how many do that?
            Speak for yourself. I always have my wallet on me. Always.

Comment

And less likely to be stolen also. As most people break into houses for money and goods to sell.
              Those IDs would be worth good money on the gray market. Identity theft is rising worldwide.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
                Identity theft is a growing crime.
                I haven't checked the latest stats but from I read before Hawaii ranks up there in the U.S. I think it was or is #1. Of course nothing to be proud of.

The gruesome reality is some identity thieves are getting so bold as to murdering their victims and then assuming their identities.

Comment

If I'd have been that bloke I would have said. "Thats very flatering that you don't even think I look 18, I must look really good for my age". LOL
                  That would have been the preferred response. Mr. Ralls would have had his two bottles of Cabernet Sauvignon and that would have been the end of it. No story, just another satisfied customer.

Comment

I am a police officer in South Carolina. Everytime we stop someone the driver is required to produce a valid drivers license, registration card, and proof of insurance. Failure to produce a drivers license is a fine of $76.87, failure to have the registration card in their possession is also $76.87, and failure to show proof of insurance is $232.50. If we are unable to verify valid insurance with an agent or insurance company, then most likely your car is going to be towed (which is another $80 plus storage fees), and if you are found to be operating without insurance, it is $440 and you go to jail!

Here you can't just get by with asking people their information. You would be surprised how many people lie. I have seen people give their brothers/sisters information that they know everything. If I ever stop someone who doesn't have a drivers license on them and they have to give me their information, not only do I write them a ticket for no drivers license in possession, I also go back to our state database and pull up their drivers license photo to see if the persons look the same. If I find out they lied, then I will track them down and charge them with providing false information to police. I stopped a guy the other day, who looked close to 40. He handed me a drivers license, and when I went to write the ticket I noticed that the person on the drivers license had just turned 18! People will lie, even with documents!

For people in the US, there is no excuse for them to not carry a photo id or drivers license on them at all times!
                    Last edited by dynamite; Fri 21 Sep '07, 11:48am.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ellis View Post
                      But you leave all that stuff at home. Without any ID how do they know who you are, if the vehicle is registered/insured etc?
                      They do have radios you know . Does not take long for them to do an identity check to make sure you are who you say you are.

I agree, carrying around your ID is a waste of time. If you don't drive you would have to carry around your passport which is absurd. There is nothing else really.

Comment

But the point is, how do you prove who you are? I can say I'm Kier and rattle off his information, but would anyone believe me?
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by dynamite View Post
                          I am a police officer in South Carolina. Everytime we stop someone the driver is required to produce a valid drivers license, registration card, and proof of insurance. Failure to produce a drivers license is a fine of $76.87, failure to have the registration card in their possession is also $76.87, and failure to show proof of insurance is $232.50. If we are unable to verify valid insurance with an agent or insurance company, then most likely your car is going to be towed (which is another $80 plus storage fees), and if you are found to be operating without insurance, it is $440 and you go to jail!

Here you can't just get by with asking people their information. You would be surprised how many people lie. I have seen people give their brothers/sisters information that they know everything. If I ever stop someone who doesn't have a drivers license on them and they have to give me their information, not only do I write them a ticket for no drivers license in possession, I also go back to our state database and pull up their drivers license photo to see if the persons look the same. If I find out they lied, then I will track them down and charge them with providing false information to police. I stopped a guy the other day, who looked close to 40. He handed me a drivers license, and when I went to write the ticket I noticed that the person on the drivers license had just turned 18! People will lie, even with documents!

For people in the US, there is no excuse for them to not carry a photo id or drivers license on them at all times!
                          Good job I don't live there, I'd be skint by now.

Comment

I think what dynamite said generally applies to all 50 states in the United States.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X