No announcement yet.

Man, 72, refused alcohol over age

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"most of us" ? I don't know anyone that doesn't carry at least their drivers license... hmmm
    Friends come and go. Enemies accumulate.
    www.TalkArizona.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Ellis View Post
      "most of us" ? I don't know anyone that doesn't carry at least their drivers license... hmmm
      Ditto, I've fogoten it once while driving, and got pulled over. Fortunatly it was a local cop who i knew and I was just pulled over for a busted light.

Comment

Poor fella just wanted to catch a buzz... I'm sure he went to the store next door!! lol
        www.theflirtingshack.com

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
          Ditto, I've fogoten it once while driving, and got pulled over. Fortunatly it was a local cop who i knew and I was just pulled over for a busted light.
          Take note, neither of you come from the UK. Where things are different.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
            But it's something most of us just don't do. For reasons like, fear of losing it and it getting into the wrong hands etc. You are supposed to alwasy carry all your car documents around in the car in-case the police pull you over. But how many do that?
            I would say every driver in California at least. Don't have your registration in the vehicle if you get pulled over its a minimum of a $750.00 fine, on top of everything else and you can get your car impounded. Driving without proof of insurance and its the same. Drive without your license on your person, kiss your car goodbye and you could be spending the night in the local jail.

Oh impound fees in Southern California cost about $400 per day plus towing fees.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

But thats were things are different though in the UK. That would not happen in the UK. You would be given a ticket and asked to produce your car documents within 5-7 days at the local police station. So there is no incentive to risk leaving important car documents in your car here in the UK that could fall into the wrongs hands to be used for fraud purposes etc. If your car was broken into.

Its a different culture here in the UK, hence why the 72 year old man had no ID on him. None of my mates walk around with ID on them all the time.
              Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 20 Sep '07, 2:17pm.

Comment

But thats were things are different though in the UK. That would not happen in the UK. You would be given a ticket and asked to produce your car documents within 5-7 days at the local police station. So there is no incentive to risk leaving important car documents in your car here in the UK that could fall into the wrongs hands to be used for fraud purposes etc. If your car was broken into.

Its a different culture here in the UK, hence why the 72 year old man had no ID on him. None of my mates walk around with ID on them all the time.
                It just seems stupid, there is no reason for you not to have some sort of ID on you at all times.

Comment

That depends how easy you lose things

People just have the attitude that important documents like your driving license etc, are best left at home in a safe place where they can't be loosed. Rather than carrying them around with you if there not really needed that day.

Plus its a very rare thing what happened to that 72 year old bloke. And whats funny about that is this, only this week there was a program on television were underage kids went into different shops to buy beer. And it just so happens they did it on a very well known supermarket and they sold beer. Which they highlighted in the program at the end.

My guess is they just wanted to make an example of this after the bad press they had for selling beer to underage kids in the same week.

Comment

Californians always carry a drivers license or some sort of government issued ID. We do it out of habit. You're more likely to loose it at home due to theft or just plain loose it.
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

People just have the attitude that important documents like your driving license etc, are best left at home in a safe place where they can't be loosed. Rather than carrying them around with you if there not really needed that day.
                      I would say you need your drivers license if you are driving. Many years ago you used to be able to get away with showing it later at the PD, but not any longer. If you have other ID they might do a record search and verify that you have a valid DL and if you do let you off with a warning. Usually only in small towns though.
                      www.TalkArizona.com

Comment

Na, if anybody else is like me they have a folder, or a draw etc. Where they keep all there important documents together, so you always know where they are. Much less likely to lose it I'd say.

And less likely to be stolen also. As most people break into houses for money and goods to sell. Unlike if they break in your car and only have to open you glove compartment to find the documents, not that many hidding places in a car.

Comment

I would say you need your drivers license if you are driving. Many years ago you used to be able to get away with showing it later at the PD, but not any longer. If you have other ID they might do a record search and verify that you have a valid DL and if you do let you off with a warning. Usually only in small towns though.
                          No still the same. Ask anybody here from the UK. they'll tell you the same as I have. 5-7 days to produce your docs.

They usually check the car reg, and your name, date of birth, address etc over the radio anyway. Only if they have a serious reason to think your lying might they arrest you.

Otherwise as I said.

Comment

Identity theft is a growing crime.
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
                              Identity theft is a growing crime.
                              Yes it sure is, it was only highlighted on the radio here this week that it's gone up in the UK "10 fold" since they allowed all the immigrants into the UK. That's what they police are blaming it on anyway (I agree).

Another reason why we don't like to leave anything in cars of importance with personal information that can be used.

Comment

They usually check the car reg, and your name, date of birth, address etc over the radio anyway.
                                But you leave all that stuff at home. Without any ID how do they know who you are, if the vehicle is registered/insured etc?
                                www.TalkArizona.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X