Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reeve of Shinra
    replied
    Having a million sub-forums actually hurts your forum when you are just starting out since it makes the place look dead where-as the same number of posts on a site with like 3 or 4 forums make the place look like its popping!

Once your site starts growing, you can then add new forums based on the needs of your site.

good luck!

Leave a comment:

• Freesteyelz
    replied
    Possibly on your sister site, if you should have one, name it 1forum4all. Then just have one forum.

Nah, just playing.

Leave a comment:

• V-Dub
    replied
    It is really is the Forum4All from what I can see.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    WOW

You sure like creating Sub Forums, I counted "227" of them.

Leave a comment:

• Forum4All.com
    replied
    Got The Name

There we go. Now I got the name and got the site up finally. I tried a few mods, but was worried about them slowing the site down. Anyway, I am changing headers now per category, like take a look at any of the main fashion forums. You'll see in the header what I mean.

Leave a comment:

• Asvin
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveTomneyUK View Post
    Yes it was registered in 2006 as it states here : http://whois.domaintools.com/forum4all.com
    Hmm.. my bad.. But wouldn't it be better if you pointed it to your forum or atleast leave a redirection link somewhere on that page?

Leave a comment:

• kuyenmotdivad
    replied
    Yes it was registered in 2006 as it states here : http://whois.domaintools.com/forum4all.com

Leave a comment:

• Asvin
    replied
    Why does it say forum4all in your forums when you actually don't even have that domain? haha... that was funny.. www.forum4all.com took me too something normal webpage... Here is a thought.... Try to get that domain before someone else

Leave a comment:

• Forum4All.com
    replied
    That is so wierd.

I looked at it in IE (I use firefox) and it looked almost identical to me in both, which means it was off by only a few tiny pixels. I dont understand why its soo far off in your browser. So should i put it back to 100% and just change the pixels?

Leave a comment:

• kuyenmotdivad
    replied
    checked the source and you have your tables set to 55% and it looks like there all crushed up.

PS - see the attached file I put a picture in it to show what its like.
    Last edited by kuyenmotdivad; Wed 5th Sep '07, 2:39am.

Leave a comment:

• Forum4All.com
    replied
    Better

Is it better now? It should be the same size as this forum.

Leave a comment:

• kuyenmotdivad
    replied
    Nice forum but I see one thing wrong the width is to small I run on 1024 x 768 and the logo is fine but the forum runs at about 50% of the screen.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by Forum4All.com View Post
    Boy you are critical. Ha, I guess that's forums .
    Like I said above if you read it, I haven't even put the site up at the domain yet. I will later when it's ready, but I am tinkering with it now. I do own the domain, and I think its quite memorable. What do you propose as better options for it. Forum4All pretty much means exactly what you will find when going there. Can't think of many other uses. I guess I could start a complaining forum, would you register there? You could be my moderator.
    Never, ever offer free mod/staff positions to people who happen to register on your board early. Trust me, it's a terrible idea you'll later regret. When you board is new, you don't even need any moderators other than yourself. In fact, you probably wouldn't even need a single moderator until you hit at least a few thousand members and/or posts, whatever comes first.

Leave a comment:

• Forum4All.com
    replied
    Thanks

Thanks, I'll look for your registration.
    I'll get on that 'Negativity' sub-forum ASAP

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Well, i've made my points already Good luck!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X