Looking forward to starting my own community.. Question!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BuyHostCheap
    • Dec 2006

Looking forward to starting my own community.. Question!

Dear vBulletin Members,

I am looking forward to starting a community using vBulletin. I will be buying vBSeo, vBulletin, and few templates. I got a question for you guys.

I want to know which hosting and how much Bandwidth (per month) and space roughly would I need if I was planning to have maximum of 200,000 members.

Give me some ideas and answer my question above please.

Thanks,

Michael Janson
  • MRGTB
    • May 2005

Well the first thing to remember is when you start your new forum. You will have "Zero" members bar yourself, so it makes sense to only pay for a small bandwidth package at first, then as your site grows - upgrade the package to a higher one when needed.

No point throwing money down the drain from the start, because sites can take a long time to grow, unless your lucky.

Comment

• Asvin
      • Jul 2007

If you really wanna get a high bandwith hosting provider, then checkout www.hostdepartment.com.. They are pretty cheap and you can upgrade from one to another as your site grows.. They provide unmetered bandwith so you need not worry abt that...

Comment

• Steve Machol
        Former Customer Support Manager
        • Jul 2000

Originally posted by Asvin
        They provide unmetered bandwith so you need not worry abt that...
        Honestly, no one does that otherwise they would be put out of business quickly.
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• BuyHostCheap
          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by MRGTB
          Well the first thing to remember is when you start your new forum. You will have "Zero" members bar yourself, so it makes sense to only pay for a small bandwidth package at first, then as your site grows - upgrade the package to a higher one when needed.

No point throwing money down the drain from the start, because sites can take a long time to grow, unless your lucky.
          Thanks for the advice. I didn't think about that at all. So I will start with the low-pricing package as forum grows, I will upgrade to higher. Again, thanks for the useful advice.

Comment

• BuyHostCheap
            • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Asvin
            If you really wanna get a high bandwith hosting provider, then checkout www.hostdepartment.com.. They are pretty cheap and you can upgrade from one to another as your site grows.. They provide unmetered bandwith so you need not worry abt that...
            I'll pass on that. Thanks anyways.

I've had a bad experience host offering what hostmonster.com is offering, the 'Unlimited' package crap, totally false.

Does anyone know if HostMoster.com or HostGator.com are any good for vBulletin?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            😀
            😂
            🥰
            😘
            🤢
            😎
            😞
            😡
            👍
            👎