Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free software to burn dvds/cds

Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I'm sick to death of Nero and all the bloat and crap that comes with it. What i'm looking for is some software that simply will burn "DATA" to cds and dvds. I'm not interested in imgburn as that only does images.

I've googled and found some but I'm looking for some suggestions based upon your experience using the software.

Regards,
    - Dean
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

I have only used Nero and Roxio. Currently using Roxio because it was included in the software package on my new PC.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
      Hey guys,

Just a quick question. I'm sick to death of Nero and all the bloat and crap that comes with it. What i'm looking for is some software that simply will burn "DATA" to cds and dvds. I'm not interested in imgburn as that only does images.
      Imgburn can burn data discs: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=222793

Anyway, Nero and Roxio are both horrible programs and extremely bloated.

If you are looking for a good free program, I highly recommend CDBurnerXP Pro (best free one IMO)

A couple of other decent ones (not as good as the one above) are DeepBurner Free and InfraRecorder.
      Last edited by Vile; Mon 20 Aug '07, 6:22pm.
      Webmaster / Administrator
      www.MegaGames.com
      www.MGForums.com

Comment

Ashampoo burning studio beats them all... You could burn a 700 mb cd within 3 minutes and a dvd within 8 minutes.. It rocks.. I don't know if its free or not, but I use it frequently and it works fine...

Comment

Speed means nothing to me. Faster burns normally mean higher failure rate in my experience Thanks for the input guys, think I'll be sticking with imgburn. They really need to redo their UI as I had no idea that feature existed!
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Re:

I’ve tested this program on Ubuntu 6.10 (Edgy) and with a $69 LG CD/DVD super-multi burner I picked up at the local office supply store, a good one.
            Last edited by ani; Sat 25 Aug '07, 12:55am.

Comment

stick with Nero, its the best. And I wouldn't call the other programs that comes with Nero junk. They have there own separate use as individual programs for doing other things. It's just a simple case of you having no use for them.
              Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 25 Aug '07, 4:32pm.

Comment

Some of the other programs that Nero comes with are indeed helpful and I use them from time to time to do editing/conversion, but Nero 7 is definitely bloated and runs significantly when compared to older versions, such as Nero 6.
                Webmaster / Administrator
                www.MegaGames.com
                www.MGForums.com

Comment

I like NTI-CD/DVD Maker

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X