X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reboot delete cookies

Hi,

I've problem with my computer.

Evey time I reboot it, I lose cookies, so I've to login again to eveything.

Nothing is stored except entries (auto complete)

I re-installed windows today, and the same problem still occurs.

Any help will be appreciated.
    $post[signature]

Login to a site that saves cookies, reboot into safe mode.
    Does it save your cookie???
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

You got to tell us what is your browser.

If it was FF, then you got to change the settings. there is one to clean data on closing the program.
      Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

I'm using IE6.

This problem never happened to me before.

For example, When I login here I choose to save settings.

The next time I turn off the computer, then open again, I lose my cookies, then have to login again.
        $post[signature]

Comment

Hope this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955

Something must have messed up the Security settings.
          That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
            Hope this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955

Something must have messed up the Security settings.
            I'm sorry that didn't help or wasn't relevant.

I had a new windows installation, and still have the same problem - I just don't understand.
            $post[signature]

Comment

Check your antivirus/internet security programs. Many of them will delete cookies "to make you more secure".

Personally only time I want to delete cookies is if there is a place of chocolate chip ones in front of me.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                Check your antivirus/internet security programs. Many of them will delete cookies "to make you more secure".
                There's no such a one.
                $post[signature]

Comment

I'm out of ideas. I'll consider upgrading to FF tonight.
                  $post[signature]

Comment

Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                    I'm out of ideas. I'll consider upgrading to FF tonight.
                    Internet Explorer 6 to Firefox is not an upgrade You can download Internet Explorer 7 as an upgrade to 6. You do need to pass Microsoft Windows genuine validation to access the download.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                      Internet Explorer 6 to Firefox is not an upgrade You can download Internet Explorer 7 as an upgrade to 6. You do need to pass Microsoft Windows genuine validation to access the download.
                      Yes. I know all of this. When I said upgrading I was referring to that FF is better than IE.

btw, I hate IE7.
                      $post[signature]

Comment

Firefox is better in what way and in your own words? Why would you dislike Internet Explorer 7 if you never use it, if you are having trouble getting it from official sites, then get the Stand alone version of it.

I have Internet Explorer 3,4,5.5,6 and Internet Explorer 7 installed. If you are going to say that Firefox is faster then Internet Explorer 7, but do not know the reason why do not put the other browser down. Firefox will start to get bogged down when the next version is release.

Comment

I've tried IE7 before, I didn't like it, and went back to IE6.

From the popularity and number of users of FF, I can say it's better.

Plus I've already installed it, and I like the way it works than IE.
                          $post[signature]

Comment

Your not going to like it when it starts looking for application in the startup screen, like Internet Exployer does. I actually prefer Opera, but its rendering engine is off in some places. Did you install Firefox 1.5, as that is your theme for using older browsers . I have every single full version browser that was available to install on my other computer... Just to test rendering only thou.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X