PHP, vBulletin.sql & Dreamweaver UltraDev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PHP, vBulletin.sql & Dreamweaver UltraDev

is it possible to use the backed up DB (vbulletin.sql) with Dreamweaver UltraDev?

Any good tutorials for connecting the vBulletin.sql (offline/online) to dreamweaver?

What is the best way to use Dreamweaver for PHP?

help is greatly appreciated

Cheers,

vBulletin.sql, do you mean mySQL?

Comment

vBulletin.sql, do you mean mySQL?
      yes, and i found a plug in for php and mysql for dreamweaver,, but i don't know how to make the connection, because i'm just trying to figure out dreamweaver.

thanks

Comment

You'll have to set up a webserver on your computer with PHP and MySQL.

Comment

can i make the connection directly to my online vB DB? and how?

thanks

Comment

I´m not really sure about this, but I think with Dreamweaver UltraDev it might be possible.

Anyway in my opinion it is better to do any modifications to the the database or the php files offline to keep your site running correctly.

Comment

You can get some extensions from the macromedia exchange that will insert the code to connect to a mysql db, but other than that, DW4 ultradev pretty much doesn't support mysql much at all. Sorry.

Comment

i downloaded the php & MySQL extension from macromedia exchange, and installed it, other than this, i didn't know how to use it.

another thing can i use Dream Weaver ultra Dev for php efficiently?

and is there any program to use for php editing (apart from text editors)? (like frontpage for html)

Thanks

Comment

Check out one of these:

Weaverslave
                  PHP Coder
                  PHPed

(not really like frontpage)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X