Can't change picture settings in Windows Media Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't change picture settings in Windows Media Player

Ok I'm trying to change the picture settings (contrast etc.) when playing DVD's in Windows Media Player with these instructions, http://www.updatexp.com/wmp10-video-settings.html

...but I can't move the sliders. They're currently in the center, and when I try to move them they just snap back into the middle.

Can any WMP-savvy person help me out with this?

Thanks
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Do you mean the Visualization settings, like in the picture below??
    Or the picture shown of the DVD, while playing in WMP 10??

Have your tried resetting default options, in Now Playing, More Options, DVD??

MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Hi Joe thanks for the help,

Yes the little sliders in the pic you posted. It won't let me move them from the center.

Resetting all the default options doesn't seem to be doing the trick, either.
      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

Are you sure your not using a custom skin?
        I cannot reproduce this on XP Pro/SP2 with WMP 10 or 11, or on Windows Vista with WMP 11..
        • If you're having video problems after the latest WMP update and have an nVidia card, go to WMP's Tools, More options, Devices, Performances and uncheck "Use High Quality Mode".
        • Don't install the WMP v9 codec pack on top of WMP10. It may break WMA playback for DRM files. Reinstall the v10 player if you install the v9 codec pack by mistake. Other symptoms of this problem are a 1) "Module not found" error when playing DRM content, and 2) wmploc.dll being version 10.0.0.3802 or later while wmadmod.dll and/or wmvdmod.dll is only version 10.0.0.3646.
        Last edited by Joe Gronlund; Mon 13 Aug '07, 3:47pm. Reason: Adding WMP 10 Known Issues
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
          Are you sure your not using a custom skin?
          I cannot reproduce this on XP Pro/SP2 with WMP 10 or 11, or on Windows Vista with WMP 11..
          • If you're having video problems after the latest WMP update and have an nVidia card, go to WMP's Tools, More options, Devices, Performances and uncheck "Use High Quality Mode".
          • Don't install the WMP v9 codec pack on top of WMP10. It may break WMA playback for DRM files. Reinstall the v10 player if you install the v9 codec pack by mistake. Other symptoms of this problem are a 1) "Module not found" error when playing DRM content, and 2) wmploc.dll being version 10.0.0.3802 or later while wmadmod.dll and/or wmvdmod.dll is only version 10.0.0.3646.
          Thanks a lot once again Joe -- I'll try your suggestions.

Cheers.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X