Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Movie Critics seen Planet of the Apes yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Movie Critics seen Planet of the Apes yet?

Give us your opinion.

Makeup was wonderful.

Some fun jibes at the original movie.

The plot was marginal, with many poorly written scenes and very unlikely scenarios - even for a fantasy/sci-fi.

The acting was terrible.

The end was way out of scope.

Not Burton's best work.

-t
    Tim Hewitt
    myOstrich Internet - Domain Management & Internet Services
    myOstrich Golf - When it comes to golf, we don't have our heads in the sand.

Comment

I thought it was way over the top.. Burton didn't put a Burtonesque touch on the movie for me, seems like many a director could have come up with what I saw.

Comment

Awe man....I was just about to walk out the door to go see it....you guys sure know how to ruin a guy's night. LOL (scurries off to the theater site to see what else is playing.............)
        Rob

Comment

It is a great action movie that is just out of place to me considering the original.

Comment

I think the first one is great...you just cant replace a first...IE Star wars...more technology than in the original 3 combined...

Comment

It was good because it was a fun movie for me. The apes looked fantastic. The story line though, was a bit ridiculous, in many aspects.

The part I liked most was when Charlton Heston made a cameo and showed that guns were bad for the apes haha now that's funny, for the prez of the NRA.
              Well, there it is.
              - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

Didn't they stick to the original plot? It's a remake afterall
                - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

The final *twist* is ludicrous. Makes no sense at all. Ape makeup is good tho'... Definitely a matinee or rental flick.

Comment

Originally posted by Menno
                    Didn't they stick to the original plot? It's a remake afterall
                    Not really.
                    Tim Hewitt
                    myOstrich Internet - Domain Management & Internet Services
                    myOstrich Golf - When it comes to golf, we don't have our heads in the sand.

Comment

hm... then there's no real point for me to see it
                      - Insert viable disclaimer here -

ArtBeast!

Comment

You ought to see it, it's the best movie out in theators now, IMO. I saw it earlier this week and thought it was pretty good, although not great. It had some bad parts and good parts, but won't be a waste of money to see!
                        Marc James
                        Sports Central — Beyond the Scores
                        Sports Central Message Boards

Comment

check out movie forums, they are strugling to make some sense of the ending! However it is the kind of movies that you have to see, ppl are not saying good things about it, because they were expecting too much I think.

Comment

turn on your video cam... lemme see

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X