Mp3 streaming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mp3 streaming?

I was wondering if it was illegal to stream commercial music from another website onto yours, while you do not actually have the music on your server?

Is this legal and okay?

Thanks

Do you mean such as hot-linking? This isn't generally smiled upon.

Even if the company is a big business, it is essentially using their bandwidth to propagate traffic to your site.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderlax View Post
      I was wondering if it was illegal to stream commercial music from another website onto yours, while you do not actually have the music on your server?

Is this legal and okay?

Thanks
      No it's illegal, unless they explicitly say in their T&C's that its allowed That's like plugging the power from your house into someone else's supply.
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
        No it's illegal, unless they explicitly say in their T&C's that its allowed That's like plugging the power from your house into someone else's supply.
        exactly.. or using your neighbours wireless net connection .. unless they allow you too.

Comment

What you saying, Dean C uses his neighbours wireless connection to get on the net? Becuase you seem to be indicating that when you quoted him/her

Comment

I thought it was legal, just heavily frowned upon.

You aren't actually hosting the music, just providing a link to it, kind of.

Comment

It's not legal.
              Even if the commercial business allows you to stream the music. They would have to have a license to allow other to distrubute the music.

Reason being is that you dont the license to play the music on your site.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X