No announcement yet.

What Anti-Virus software do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't run an AV. Never have, never will.
    Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Norton internet security 2007 .

Comment

Norton SAV (corporate server/client setup) + a small script to make sure the virus definitions are up to date. The LiveUpdate is way too irregular to ensure any form of stability.

It's fast and relatively resource-friendly.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

Windows Onecare let me down so I wiped it from my disks. I no use the commercial AVG Internet Suite on all 5 computers.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Windows Onecare
            Cricket Talk
            All Your Aussie + World Cricket Talk

Comment

Originally posted by Vile View Post
              LOL, as if there are absolutely no viruses for Macs...
              Originally posted by Dean C View Post
              Only the exploit in Safari that allows a user to get hold of any Apple device running safari, and do what they want with it. No biggie eh.
              Originally posted by RedTyger View Post
              I challenge any one of you to link me to a current, working virus affecting the most current version of Mac OS X Tiger that is out there and I will download it. Sorry to come off as arrogant about it, but that is how confident I am about my Mac and not having to worry about getting viruses on it. I have never run any sort of antivirus software on any of my Macs as long as I have had them, and I never, ever will.

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
              But there are proof-of-concept viruses that affect Unix, and as the Mac continues to gain market share, it will slowly but surely become more and more desirable for virus outbreaks.
              You make a valid point, but for now, I do not believe we need to worry about any sort of virus affecting the Mac platform for a long while. I'm not saying that there won't ever be a virus created for the Mac, though, so don't interpret my post as that, but I'm saying the likelihood of it happening anytime in the future is not going to happen.

That said, there is no reason to install any sort of virus protection on a Mac whatsoever at this point in time. The built-in firewall Apple provides is more than you need on your Mac. The Mac OS is very secure, and moreso than the Windows OS as far as viruses are concerned (which, frankly, is a no-brainer ).
              The Relationship Forum
              The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X