Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Anti-Virus software do you use?

Hi,

What Anti-Virus software do you use and is it any good in your opinion?

I use Panda Internet Security 2008 and I would give it 9 out of 10 its the best I have used and I have used many from McAFEE to Kaspersky.

I use Norton Internet Security 2007. It rocks and makes usual scheduled scans to check viruses and trojans... It also makes automatic detections and solves the problem by itself without any input from the user. That is just my personal review..

With my previous experiences with Panda, Mcafee and many other security softwares, I would recommend none of them. When I used to use Mcafee, I got frequent popups from the software itself showing some fake viruses!!

Panda didn't cause me any harm even though it didn't detect many viruses I had in my computer.

Then at last, when I bought Norton 2006 edition, I finally got my computer rid of all those nasty invaders and my computer run more fast and efficient...

All I say is this: GO WITH NORTON!! THEY WON'T LET YOU DOWN!!!!

Comment

Windows Live OneCare Perpetual
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

As I stated in the other topic, I don't need any anti-virus software out there. I use a Mac, so I don't have to worry about a single thing.
        The Relationship Forum
        The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

Originally posted by bmc View Post
          I use a Mac, so I don't have to worry about a single thing.
          LOL, as if there are absolutely no viruses for Macs...

I use NOD32 on one system, and Symantec Antivirus (Corporate version of Norton) on the other.

Regular old retail Symantec products (ie. Norton Antivirus, NIS, System Works, etc) are way too bloated.
          Webmaster / Administrator
          www.MegaGames.com
          www.MGForums.com

Comment

Avg

Comment

As I stated in the other topic, I don't need any anti-virus software out there. I use a Mac, so I don't have to worry about a single thing.
              Only the exploit in Safari that allows a user to get hold of any Apple device running safari, and do what they want with it. No biggie eh.

Anyways, I use kaspersky or AVG normally Kaspersky is a lot better but AVG does a decent job for a free tool.
              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

http://secunia.com/product/96/

Comment

McAfee at home, Sophos at work.

Comment

NOD32. Nothing comes close performance wise. And it's quite good at detecting unknown viruses (why would I worry about a known virus when everything detects it ).
                    It has the longest running track record of 100% awards at Virusbulletin.

- Tommy
                    MCP / MCSA / MCSE / MCT
                    A few eggs short of a complete easter basket

vB 4.0.5+ CMS (No hacks), Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, IIS 7.5, PHP 5.3+ (FastCGI), WinCache, Memcached, MySQL 5.1.45

Comment

Nortan, AVG.

Comment

I do not run anti virus software.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                          I do not run anti virus software.
                          are you serious ? it's the only way to know for sure .... i'm a Symantec (Norton) client for over 10 years they never let me down and i emailed them manny times

Comment

I use anti-vir or kaspersky AOL edition.. both are free.

Comment

But there are proof-of-concept viruses that affect Unix, and as the Mac continues to gain market share, it will slowly but surely become more and more desirable for virus outbreaks.
                              Forums

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X