No announcement yet.

GTA4 Delayed til mid 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not something that bothers me as I'm not a fan of the series. But I know a lot of people are dissapointed..
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
      I heard the X-box 360's development was near feature complete, but they where having problems with the PS3 development...
      Any source where that is said?

Comment

There are loads of conflicting stories:

From IGN:

An interview with the UK's Official PlayStation Magazine reveals that Rockstar's creative VP Dan Houser believes the 360 is impairing the development of Grand Theft Auto IV. According to the magazine's online partner, Computer and Videogames, Houser says the lack of a guaranteed hard drive and the smaller storage space of the DVD format is limiting the game's progress. In contrast, all PS3s have a built-in hard drive and the console's Blu-Ray format can hold about five times as much content as DVD
        He also went on to say "but we're facing different problems and chalenges on each platform".

Personally I suspect it wasn't ready for both systems, perhaps they got a little complacent? There are some awesome looking games out there so they have stiff competition, and maybe it just didn't quite cut it.
        What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
          Any source where that is said?

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/08...e-gta-iv-delay
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
            There are loads of conflicting stories:

From IGN:

He also went on to say "but we're facing different problems and chalenges on each platform".

Personally I suspect it wasn't ready for both systems, perhaps they got a little complacent? There are some awesome looking games out there so they have stiff competition, and maybe it just didn't quite cut it.
            Yeah I never thought about that before. Some people have a harddrive-less xbox 360, which is insaine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
              There's absolutely no chance it'll ever come to the wii imo.
              Anything's possible. Back in the early 90s there was no chance for any violent games on any Nintendo system, and then came along Mortal Kombat (heavily edited, of course.)
              Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                Anything's possible. Back in the early 90s there was no chance for any violent games on any Nintendo system, and then came along Mortal Kombat (heavily edited, of course.)
                I'm not counting on it coming to the Wii at all, but it'd still be cool

Comment

Does anyone actually know anyone who has a core 360?

seriously, a hard drive-less 360 was the worst idea by anyone, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Bema Jinn View Post
                    Does anyone actually know anyone who has a core 360?

seriously, a hard drive-less 360 was the worst idea by anyone, ever.
                    I don't know anyone that has a core 360 myself, no. And yes I agree, its stupid to sell it without a hard drive. Makes things harder for developers probably unless people with cores use memory cards/units instead.

I myself think the whole core package is jsut stupid. Wired controllers are old news now. Blue tooth is accurate and its just the job of having batteries which isnt a big deal if you get the play and charge kit and even dumber, the no hard drive part.

Comment

Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                      I don't know anyone that has a core 360 myself, no. And yes I agree, its stupid to sell it without a hard drive. Makes things harder for developers probably unless people with cores use memory cards/units instead.
                      With the new prices at Gamestop ($279.99 for core, $349.99 for pro), there is a $10.00 difference between the core with two 64 MB memory cards and the pro with its hard drive. Plus without the hard drive, you don't have backwards compatibility.

I would guess that the only people who bought only the core edition are those who have the XBOX360 as their first console ever. Especially since Halo 3: Legendary Edition is the most pre-ordered game at this time and its $129.99. That shows that many XBOX360 owners pay big bucks for their toys.
                      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                        With the new prices at Gamestop ($279.99 for core, $349.99 for pro), there is a $10.00 difference between the core with two 64 MB memory cards and the pro with its hard drive. Plus without the hard drive, you don't have backwards compatibility.

I would guess that the only people who bought only the core edition are those who have the XBOX360 as their first console ever. Especially since Halo 3: Legendary Edition is the most pre-ordered game at this time and its $129.99. That shows that many XBOX360 owners pay big bucks for their toys.
                        Ah. I still think hard-drive less console is a very bad idea for next-gen.

Comment

Aww I so wanted to play it in october aswell
                          Regards Player-63

Comment

I think the real reason, or at least a very important reason for the push back is the influx of games coming out by the end of this year.

Guess they're scared people might overlook GTA, or spend too much on other games to be able to afford GTA.

Either way, wise move for everyone involved.

Comment

I think they should stop making violent films and games as when I was young they had them but it was very hard to hire them but now anyone can go in a shop and hire the 18 rated videos and we wonder why there are all these murders in our world its because some people get brain washed from silly films and games.

I do watch them myself but I know there only films and games but someone younger like 10-17 would take it all in and could turn into a murder.

But with all these money hungry fat cats that make the movies and games I surpose they will never stop making them

Comment

Originally posted by DaveTomneyUK View Post
                                I think they should stop making violent films and games as when I was young they had them but it was very hard to hire them but now anyone can go in a shop and hire the 18 rated videos and we wonder why there are all these murders in our world its because some people get brain washed from silly films and games.

I do watch them myself but I know there only films and games but someone younger like 10-17 would take it all in and could turn into a murder.

But with all these money hungry fat cats that make the movies and games I surpose they will never stop making them
                                Things like this make me speachless, do you know that since the video game industry has exsisted violent crimes caused by teens has gone down?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X