Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like gameplay's forum has around 35,384 + members.
    I took this number from the members page

40 users x 884 pages
    +
    25 users x 25 pages
    Total 35,384

They are still using vBulletin Version 1.1.3
    Is that safe?
    Last edited by Zorg; Fri 27 Jul '01, 11:28pm.

Comment

No, vB 1.1.3 contains a couple of known serious security issues. They would need to upgrade to 1.1.6 or 2.0.1 to be secure.

Comment

I *believe* that gameplay has made the security changes to their existing 1.1.3 code, so they are secure. I know they haven't upgraded because of extensive changes they made to the baseline code.

Comment

MGON's Forums

MGON's Forums are definately huge. They're one of the top ones I presume

Comment

Originally posted by Me2Be
            We'd have 35,000 members, but I prune the ones who don't participate after six months

And our record is 479 users!!

(Chris, Kier, Mike/Ed and a few other guys here have really made the difference!)

Ok, is your forum private? Any reason for not posting your URL?

Comment

Originally posted by Jujubee
              Ok, is your forum private? Any reason for not posting your URL?
              As a matter of fact, it is somewhat private.

However, if there are any members with over 50 posts on Vb that want to take a look, just PM me and I'll send you the URL!

Comment

hmmm.....I have 63 posts

Comment

I dunno about the largest, but the smallest will definitely be mine

Comment

Most users ever online was 557 on 04-18-01 at 09:07 PM

That was when the board was completely free. We also have 19397 with an average of 60 new users a day
                    PaintballCity.com
                    VB Board of the Month: October

Comment

HardForums
                      There are currently 336 members and 178 guests on the boards.
                      Most users ever online was 834 on 07-30-2001 at 06:33 PM.

UNREAL!
                      MSN: [email protected] | MAIL: [email protected] | FOLIO: mholman.com

Comment

Interesting that ArtistDirect made the switch from OpenTopic to vB.

This may be the biggest, from what I've seen. They claim to have 50,000+ forums and they migrated several very large official artist boards into that.

http://bbs.artistdirect.com/artists.php?s=

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tafoya
                          Interesting that ArtistDirect made the switch from OpenTopic to vB.

This may be the biggest, from what I've seen. They claim to have 50,000+ forums and they migrated several very large official artist boards into that.

http://bbs.artistdirect.com/artists.php?s=
                          holy moses

50,080 forums

http://bbs.artistdirect.com/forumdis...?forumid=50080
                          :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                          :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                          :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by eva2000
                            holy moses

50,080 forums

http://bbs.artistdirect.com/forumdis...?forumid=50080
                            you never told me you were Jewish

Comment

I'd like to find out what kind of hardware and load balancing they're throwing at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tafoya
                                I'd like to find out what kind of hardware and load balancing they're throwing at it.
                                yeah registered and checked their user/registration intergration stuff kinda neat

just that they don't have any sign of a vB /jelsoft copyright notice on their vB forums ...
                                :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
                                :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
                                :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X