Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this allowed ?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is this allowed ?

    Hi,




    Code:
    http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/
    Copyright notice in Image on forums ?

    Thanks

    Letsjoy
    A's - Shayari
    Miniclip Web.PK

  • #2
    i am pretty sure that is not allowed.... although, wait for a support team member to respond...

    Comment


    • #3
      Personally I am against the copyright as image, but we do allow them.

      It is clearly visible and readable.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Floris View Post
        Personally I am against the copyright as image, but we do allow them.

        It is clearly visible and readable.
        why do you dislike them? I don't see a problem, as long as it's fully displayed.

        Comment


        • #5
          Its a good way to prevent people from googling your site for "powered by".

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
            Its a good way to prevent people from googling your site for "powered by".
            thats a good point and true.

            I would like to see vB use the same feature that IPB use regarding the footer "version" notice, they have taken onboard that hackers will search that out, and seem to see this as a possible security issue. So they've put a setting in the admincp that lets you remove the footer version from being displayed. Which can be turned on and off.
            Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 21 Jul '07, 8:45pm.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
              thats a good point and true.

              I would like to see vB use the same feature that IPB use regarding the footer "version" notice, they have taken onboard that hackers will search that out, and seem to see this as a possible security issue. So they've put a setting in the admincp that lets you remove the footer version from being displayed. Which can be turned on and off.
              You can remove the version from VB as well by editing the footer template.

              Comment


              • #8
                But then your hacking your board though, which means you have to revert it all back for an upgrade. Thats why it would better as a feature. Rather than having to hack it out your board

                Comment


                • #9
                  99% of the time the footer template doesn't change
                  Plan, Do, Check, Act!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    In VB 3.0, you had to modify the footer, in 3.5 +, all you have to do is modify this phrase: powered_by_vbulletin !!!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Yes you can remove the version number, but not the vBulletin or the copyright info. To do this, edit the 'powered_by_vbulletin' phrase in the Phrase Manager and remove this:

                      Version {1}
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

                      Steve Machol Photography


                      Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        but we do allow them.
                        Thanks Floris
                        A's - Shayari
                        Miniclip Web.PK

                        Comment

                        widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X