Hi,

Code:
    http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/
    Copyright notice in Image on forums ?

Thanks

Letsjoy
    A's - Shayari
    Miniclip Web.PK

i am pretty sure that is not allowed.... although, wait for a support team member to respond...

Comment

Personally I am against the copyright as image, but we do allow them.

It is clearly visible and readable.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
        Personally I am against the copyright as image, but we do allow them.

It is clearly visible and readable.
        why do you dislike them? I don't see a problem, as long as it's fully displayed.

Comment

Its a good way to prevent people from googling your site for "powered by".

Comment

Originally posted by 0ptima View Post
            Its a good way to prevent people from googling your site for "powered by".
            thats a good point and true.

I would like to see vB use the same feature that IPB use regarding the footer "version" notice, they have taken onboard that hackers will search that out, and seem to see this as a possible security issue. So they've put a setting in the admincp that lets you remove the footer version from being displayed. Which can be turned on and off.
            Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 21 Jul '07, 8:45pm.

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
              thats a good point and true.

I would like to see vB use the same feature that IPB use regarding the footer "version" notice, they have taken onboard that hackers will search that out, and seem to see this as a possible security issue. So they've put a setting in the admincp that lets you remove the footer version from being displayed. Which can be turned on and off.
              You can remove the version from VB as well by editing the footer template.

Comment

But then your hacking your board though, which means you have to revert it all back for an upgrade. Thats why it would better as a feature. Rather than having to hack it out your board

Comment

99% of the time the footer template doesn't change
                  Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

In VB 3.0, you had to modify the footer, in 3.5 +, all you have to do is modify this phrase: powered_by_vbulletin !!!

Comment

Yes you can remove the version number, but not the vBulletin or the copyright info. To do this, edit the 'powered_by_vbulletin' phrase in the Phrase Manager and remove this:

Version {1}
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

but we do allow them.
                        Thanks Floris
                        A's - Shayari
                        Miniclip Web.PK

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X