Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mephisteus
    replied
    Just finished the book. Although for the first half of the story I really wanted to bash Harry´s head in, a slight bit where I wanted to do the same to Hermione and Ron... Well he´s Ron...

I´ll keep any other thoughts to myself

Glad the whole thing is over, 10 years since the first book and I know the only reason I read this one is because it just finishes it up. I know because with most of the previous books I was interested enough to keep reading them without having to force myself to continue, I had a few moments where it was the case with this book. Wether that is because this one is less then others or because I simply have taken a dislike towards books (got another 2 books that if given a year ago I would have finished ages ago ).

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    what are you: "The Terminator"
    lol nah, just many years of speed reading and courses.

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    Originally posted by whitetigergrowl View Post
    Who's Harry? lol
    Spoilng?

Leave a comment:

• whitetigergrowl
    replied
    Who's Harry? lol

Leave a comment:

• mlucek
    replied
    I'll probably get the book, but wait till it starts showing up in the used bookstores, as I'm in no hurry

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    You read over 700 pages in 4 hours, what are you: "The Terminator"
    I could easily read 1,000 pages in a night if the content was interesting enough. I used to finish many 200+ novels in a few hours, although I've not read many interesting novels recently.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    I don't read nearly as fast as wayne but it took me about 6 or 7 hours maybe to read the book.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by Dilly View Post
    Why not? It took me about 4 hours.
    You read over 700 pages in 4 hours, what are you: "The Terminator"

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by NashTax View Post
    You read the book in one night?
    Yes, fun and engaging story but its written for middle-school readers. The langauge isn't very difficult. I suspect my 11 year old daughter will have it finished by tomorrow. But then when I was growing up, I would check out 7-10 books from the library every week. Don't have time for that many anymore.

Leave a comment:

• Dilly
    replied
    Why not? It took me about 4 hours.

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    My wife went out and got the book yesterday at about 5:00 p.m. I read it last night. Fairly good ending. About how I really suspected it would go.
    You read the book in one night?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    My wife went out and got the book yesterday at about 5:00 p.m. I read it last night. Fairly good ending. About how I really suspected it would go.

Leave a comment:

• WurkAnimal
    replied
    I went and bought the book it was only a tenner.

Leave a comment:

• Andrew111888
    replied
    I'm a bit sad now that it's over . I mean, I've read them since I was in 5th grade, and now I graduated this past June. I finished it last night before I went to bed, and while I was trying to fall sleep I just kept thinking about the story/ending and thinking "Wow, that's the last new harry potter book I'll read."

Leave a comment:

• Chousho
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    People pirate lots of things, although in my case, I have never had any intention of buying the actual book, so it's not really a financial loss for Scholastic.
    Tell that to this mother

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X