vBulletin and the Mac OSX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin and the Mac OSX

Can anyone give me an idea of how well (or not) vBulletin works with MAC's and Safari?

Perfectly.

Now when you are making a custom skin be sure to make certain it works well with Safari (you can use the Windows beta if you don't have a Mac).

Comment

Thanks. Does the post editing widget work properly (I've found most of these things do not work well on MACs in the past) and also does file upload of images/attachments work? The reason it's an issue for me is a vocal MAC userbase despite them being less than 2% of the users

Comment

I have a Powerbook with FireFox 3 Alpha optimized for PPC
        And I have a Mac Pro with FireFox 2.0.0.5 and Safari 3beta

I use these 2 machines to my support work here on vBulletin.com and it works perfectly fine.

Comment

We have a total of 5 Macs in our household (two of which I own) and vBulletin works perfectly on all 5 Macs in an array of different browsers.
          The Relationship Forum
          The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

Thanks you guys with the MAC's - when you say "it works fine" does that include file uploading/attachment and editing with the post thing so you can do bold, italics and so on by pressing the appropriate buttons?

I would expect the MAC to work fine at a basic level - I just wondered if the more advanced stuff also works as that's usually where problems manifest themselves...

Comment

Originally posted by llukas View Post
              Thanks you guys with the MAC's - when you say "it works fine" does that include file uploading/attachment and editing with the post thing so you can do bold, italics and so on by pressing the appropriate buttons?

I would expect the MAC to work fine at a basic level - I just wondered if the more advanced stuff also works as that's usually where problems manifest themselves...
              It works fine. 100% fine.

Macs are not some crazy platform which have problems with everything. They work and work well, and that includes being able to browse websites (as long as they are well coded and not written for IE7 only).

Comment

Originally posted by Cromulent View Post
                It works fine. 100% fine.
                Thanks Cromulent for confirming that.

Comment

We also have a Mac in the office for testing, my coffee is currently sitting on it
                  Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post
                    We also have a Mac in the office for testing, my coffee is currently sitting on it
                    Specs!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post
                      Perfect place to put it .

Floris is a mac lover . Sorry floris we cannot be friends .

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X