Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mjames
    replied
    I have a store setup with CafePress. I love how they offer it for free and allow you to customize things so. I found they shipped the goods in a timely fashion and the quality, as previously discussed, was so-so. Here's mine: http://www.cafepress.com/scgoods

Leave a comment:

• JenniferS
    replied
    my cafepress experience

i set myself up a little shop with them about a month ago. i ordered some stuff from my own shop and it got here promptly. I am most fond of the long-sleeved white shirt. I found that my black and white designs did much better than the color ones, as the color came out way too dark. I would recommend submitting files that look too light for the computer screen if you have a complex color image you want rendered.

here's my link:

http://www.cafepress.com/cp/store/st...reid=kdpublish

Leave a comment:

• VirtueTech
    replied
    I used to use cafepress for my t-shirts...I stopped because the service was very slow...nor they have upgraded so I might go back....here was one of the shirt images I used for the shirt:

and

Last edited by VirtueTech; Tue 24 Jul '01, 12:46pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    This is a timely topic. A few of my Members have been organizing the making and selling of OptiBoard polo shirts. One has even set up an online order form.

So far it looks like at least 30 of my Members are interested in purchasinf one or more shirts. I'll let you know how it goes.

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    No problem...

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by rockergrrl
    Glad to be of service....Anytime...
    Put your tip up at http://cafepress.animeboards.com

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    Glad to be of service....Anytime...

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by rockergrrl
    Just a small word to the wise, and also from an experienced laundry person...

Before you wash or even wear it (I know some of you can't wait to wash things first) for the first time, fill up your sink or laundry tub with hot water (I mean HOT) with a 1/4 cup of vinegar - doesn't matter what kind (apple vinegar works well), and let it soak all night long - nothing less than 6 hours.

And when you wash it, he shouldn't fade and the colors should bleed together.

Try it the next time you wash....

I do this when I get new clothes that have lots of colors and could easily bleed or fade.

Also... Tide detergent also works well in not fading clothes.

Just some tips for ya!

Tonya
    thanks for the tip.. you never know what you might learn here

Leave a comment:

• rockergrrl
    replied
    Just a small word to the wise, and also from an experienced laundry person...

Before you wash or even wear it (I know some of you can't wait to wash things first) for the first time, fill up your sink or laundry tub with hot water (I mean HOT) with a 1/4 cup of vinegar - doesn't matter what kind (apple vinegar works well), and let it soak all night long - nothing less than 6 hours.

And when you wash it, he shouldn't fade and the colors should bleed together.

Try it the next time you wash....

I do this when I get new clothes that have lots of colors and could easily bleed or fade.

Also... Tide detergent also works well in not fading clothes.

Just some tips for ya!

Tonya

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    thanks f150guy

Leave a comment:

• f150guy
    replied
    Let's try this....(it appears a bit distorted, sorry, I draped it over a chair to take this pic)

This is the large logo on the back of the shirt. It began life black (or in hex terms #000000), I would say it is now a #CCCCCC or thereabouts...

Hope that helps. BTW, I would still recommend them. After having sold about 50 of these, nobody has complained about fading.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by f150guy

Yep, what began as solid black is now a faded grey...after the first wash! It has not faded much since that first wash.

I just tried to take a digital pic to show you what I mean, but my camera overcompensated and the grey looked black!! (oh, and I did follow the care label instructions when I washed it the first time)

If I can get a good pic, I will post it.
    thanks this is much appreciated.. i'd hate to see my members fork out that money to have a faded shirt so quickly

Leave a comment:

• f150guy
    replied
    you mean the shirt printing faded 70%? over how long a period? not sure but that's kinda worrying
    Yep, what began as solid black is now a faded grey...after the first wash! It has not faded much since that first wash.

I just tried to take a digital pic to show you what I mean, but my camera overcompensated and the grey looked black!! (oh, and I did follow the care label instructions when I washed it the first time)

If I can get a good pic, I will post it.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by f150guy
    F150online set up shop with Cafepress a few months ago. The turnaround time on orders is excellent and so far they have paid us promptly. I have found the quality to be so-so...the printing faded about 70% on the "test" t-shirt I ordered. Overall (at this point) I would recommend them.
    you mean the shirt printing faded 70%? over how long a period? not sure but that's kinda worrying

Leave a comment:

• f150guy
    replied
    F150online set up shop with Cafepress a few months ago. The turnaround time on orders is excellent and so far they have paid us promptly. I have found the quality to be so-so...the printing faded about 70% on the "test" t-shirt I ordered. Overall (at this point) I would recommend them.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X