Cafepress.com - forum apparel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cafepress.com - forum apparel?

Who here sells forum member apparel from their sites ? Who do you use? How's it going? Any problems?

Just setup my store at http://cafepress.animeboards.com Trying to do it locally via www.allabout.com.au, www.standout.com.au or www.promoshop.com.au and was wondering if anyone would like to share their experiences with this ?

:: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

haha, i love it! i should sell one that says, "lamo mac boy"

Comment

F150online set up shop with Cafepress a few months ago. The turnaround time on orders is excellent and so far they have paid us promptly. I have found the quality to be so-so...the printing faded about 70% on the "test" t-shirt I ordered. Overall (at this point) I would recommend them.
      Steve

F150online Forums - 92,000 users strong and growing!
      Ownersite.com - comprehensive preventive maintenance reminder & expense tracking system for the conscientious vehicle owner.

Comment

Originally posted by f150guy
        F150online set up shop with Cafepress a few months ago. The turnaround time on orders is excellent and so far they have paid us promptly. I have found the quality to be so-so...the printing faded about 70% on the "test" t-shirt I ordered. Overall (at this point) I would recommend them.
        you mean the shirt printing faded 70%? over how long a period? not sure but that's kinda worrying
        :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

you mean the shirt printing faded 70%? over how long a period? not sure but that's kinda worrying
          Yep, what began as solid black is now a faded grey...after the first wash! It has not faded much since that first wash.

I just tried to take a digital pic to show you what I mean, but my camera overcompensated and the grey looked black!! (oh, and I did follow the care label instructions when I washed it the first time)

If I can get a good pic, I will post it.
          Steve

Ownersite.com - comprehensive preventive maintenance reminder & expense tracking system for the conscientious vehicle owner.

Comment

Originally posted by f150guy

Yep, what began as solid black is now a faded grey...after the first wash! It has not faded much since that first wash.

I just tried to take a digital pic to show you what I mean, but my camera overcompensated and the grey looked black!! (oh, and I did follow the care label instructions when I washed it the first time)

If I can get a good pic, I will post it.
            thanks this is much appreciated.. i'd hate to see my members fork out that money to have a faded shirt so quickly

Comment

Let's try this....(it appears a bit distorted, sorry, I draped it over a chair to take this pic)

This is the large logo on the back of the shirt. It began life black (or in hex terms #000000), I would say it is now a #CCCCCC or thereabouts...

Hope that helps. BTW, I would still recommend them. After having sold about 50 of these, nobody has complained about fading.
              Steve

Comment

thanks f150guy

Comment

Just a small word to the wise, and also from an experienced laundry person...

Before you wash or even wear it (I know some of you can't wait to wash things first) for the first time, fill up your sink or laundry tub with hot water (I mean HOT) with a 1/4 cup of vinegar - doesn't matter what kind (apple vinegar works well), and let it soak all night long - nothing less than 6 hours.

And when you wash it, he shouldn't fade and the colors should bleed together.

Try it the next time you wash....

I do this when I get new clothes that have lots of colors and could easily bleed or fade.

Also... Tide detergent also works well in not fading clothes.

Just some tips for ya!

Tonya

Comment

Originally posted by rockergrrl
                    Just a small word to the wise, and also from an experienced laundry person...

Before you wash or even wear it (I know some of you can't wait to wash things first) for the first time, fill up your sink or laundry tub with hot water (I mean HOT) with a 1/4 cup of vinegar - doesn't matter what kind (apple vinegar works well), and let it soak all night long - nothing less than 6 hours.

And when you wash it, he shouldn't fade and the colors should bleed together.

Try it the next time you wash....

I do this when I get new clothes that have lots of colors and could easily bleed or fade.

Also... Tide detergent also works well in not fading clothes.

Just some tips for ya!

Tonya
                    thanks for the tip.. you never know what you might learn here

Comment

Glad to be of service....Anytime...

Comment

Originally posted by rockergrrl
                        Glad to be of service....Anytime...
                        Put your tip up at http://cafepress.animeboards.com

Comment

No problem...

Comment

This is a timely topic. A few of my Members have been organizing the making and selling of OptiBoard polo shirts. One has even set up an online order form.

So far it looks like at least 30 of my Members are interested in purchasinf one or more shirts. I'll let you know how it goes.
                            Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                            Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I used to use cafepress for my t-shirts...I stopped because the service was very slow...nor they have upgraded so I might go back....here was one of the shirt images I used for the shirt:

and

Last edited by VirtueTech; Tue 24 Jul '01, 12:46pm.
                              PaintballCity.com
                              VB Board of the Month: October

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X