Need some topic advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some topic advice

I have had a few past healthy boards with lots of members but now im starting a law enforcement forum. I think it would be interesting to have mass amounts of cops and other public service people chatting and posting helpful information.

I started this project yesterday and I need some topic tips. What do you think should be some of the topics? What would you talk to them about etc?

Let me know your opinons.

Originally posted by bboarddotcom View Post
    I have had a few past healthy boards with lots of members but now im starting a law enforcement forum. I think it would be interesting to have mass amounts of cops and other public service people chatting and posting helpful information.

I started this project yesterday and I need some topic tips. What do you think should be some of the topics? What would you talk to them about etc?

Let me know your opinons.
    It might be worth noting that this is a target-group that tend to be rather closed and usually dicuss things amongst themselves. Many already have local or semi-local discussion solutions already set up.

Their interaction with the public, ie. "the others" is usually handled by public-relations people, not the hands-on people.
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

You can get some ideas here: http://forums.officer.com/forums/
      Running vB since 4-14-2002

Comment

I have family in two large departments that think it "could" be a good idea. I guess the target was really a place for them to go and meet others than those they work with but I really dont want to end up with just those two.

I appreciate the feedback though. I have scrapped so many sites/forums due to being bored and annoyed than probably everyone here put together.

And thanks for the site link.

Comment

It may be a better idea to concentrate on one area (Where you live for example) and have the local people and services put their information on there and if it takes off, consider expanding it further afield. If people start to use it, then you have a good chance local services will post their information on there. Open it up world wide even.

One site similar to my local forum has people from the council post information on, etc. to keep the people informed.

Your site looks good, but i'm not sure of the name. Something more public services orientated should be used I think, just to help.
          [URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]Aviation Web[/URL="http://www.aviationweb.net/"]

Comment

So I guess google and msn advertising is a waste of money to bring new people in? =)

I also think the name of the site may be a turn off. I was going to use it for a totally different purpose. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X