X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dkon26
    replied
    Originally posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
    flashchat for my server...I have less than 20 users in it...but I know flashchat has connection part.

I keep my flashchat updated all the time. I also disable file uploads to prevent the exploits in the future.
    Yep. File uploads could be a problem but with less than 200 users, you shouldnt have much of a problem on a decent "shared" hosting account. The only thing I could see is maybe the host getting upset by the cpu usage. But even less than 100 shouldnt be a problem for anyone.

Leave a comment:

• TheComputerGuy
    replied
    flashchat for my server...I have less than 20 users in it...but I know flashchat has connection part.

I keep my flashchat updated all the time. I also disable file uploads to prevent the exploits in the future.

Leave a comment:

• dkon26
    replied
    mIRC is good. I should have posted before that if you have a large board and expect a lot of chatters, flashchat may not work well unless you have a virtual dedicated or dedicated server. It does consume mysql when you have a lot of chatters. 200+ chatting at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    I use mIRC

Leave a comment:

• dkon26
    replied
    Re:

Flashchat works pretty good. Its only 5 bucks so you cant go wrong. Go to tufat.com. It also integrates into VB so your users only have to click a link to get on with their forum username. You could also use RealChat but its expensive and you'll need java (which you obviously have) and ssh access on your server. I have worked on sites for a long time using flashchat and only had one issue about a year ago. Just make sure you chmod your files and your golden!

Leave a comment:

• zhaoke
    replied
    The simplest is to use an IRC client with SSL enabled. for example, MIRC+SSL

Originally posted by kees2005 View Post
    What Chat Do you Use?
    I am using an IRC based chat now and lots can't get on because of Java permissions and browser issues.

Looking for a better chat program to use that is VERY SECURE.

Lots use Flashchat but I recall awhile back it being exploited so it worries me. Is it secure now?

greetings Kees

http://www.*****************

Leave a comment:

• kees2005
    started a topic What Chat Do you Use?

What Chat Do you Use?

What Chat Do you Use?
    I am using an IRC based chat now and lots can't get on because of Java permissions and browser issues.

Looking for a better chat program to use that is VERY SECURE.

Lots use Flashchat but I recall awhile back it being exploited so it worries me. Is it secure now?

greetings Kees

http://www.*****************
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X