X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by WarDoGG View Post
    That addon is pretty worthless really. I tested it for months and it never had any benefit and since it doesn't work in WYSIWYG mode its just not worth it.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    If you submit a form and get a server error back (or a database error), pressing submit will submit the entire form again including your text. Don't press the back button or anything else, just refresh the error page. Of course if its a database error, you may want to wait a few minutes and try again.

The text isn't stored at all except for whatever buffers your browser provides for that information.
    Yeah I do that but when you hit backspace while typing, thats where the real deal is . Once you go forward (back to the PM/thread page) all your text is gone.

Leave a comment:

• WarDoGG
    replied
    THis can maybe help u out : http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...light=autosave

Leave a comment:

• dkon26
    replied
    If you submit a form and get a server error back (or a database error), pressing submit will submit the entire form again including your text. Don't press the back button or anything else, just refresh the error page. Of course if its a database error, you may want to wait a few minutes and try again.

The text isn't stored at all except for whatever buffers your browser provides for that information.
    Wow. That was easy and to think this whole time I kept going back and retyping. Thanks! I'll put a note on mine in case it ever comes up.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• dkon26
    replied
    Just hit refresh. The form will be resubmitted to the server.
    Yeah but the form (text) always disappears. Isnt that cookie based?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Just hit refresh. The form will be resubmitted to the server.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by RedTyger View Post
    You should use my autosave modification, mate.

Some browsers save text in fields more reliably than others. I use Firefox and I can refresh a vBulletin composition page without losing any text. Also some fields are automatically filled out based on what you're doing. If you're replying to a PM then the recipient is known and the title (Re: the previous title) and they're both pre-added. A new PM knows neither of these things so they'll be blank. Maybe it's a bit of that as well. .
    Oh yeah it could be that :P.

Leave a comment:

• RedTyger
    replied
    You should use my autosave modification, mate.

Some browsers save text in fields more reliably than others. I use Firefox and I can refresh a vBulletin composition page without losing any text. Also some fields are automatically filled out based on what you're doing. If you're replying to a PM then the recipient is known and the title (Re: the previous title) and they're both pre-added. A new PM knows neither of these things so they'll be blank. Maybe it's a bit of that as well. .

Leave a comment:

• Creepshow
    replied
    Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    Hey,

Have you ever typed a really big PM or post and then hit the backspace button to delete some text and instead it went back a page? Then when you hit the forward button, its all gone and you have to type it over?

I am sure so many have.

What I was wondering is how come the PM title and recipent is saved but the PM message itself isn't? I find it strange :S.

Thanks
    MAD
    Yes! All the bloody time. It's incredibly annoying. In fact, it just happened to me about 2 minutes ago on this very site. Grrr...

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Yeah, you get a lot of sites out there that hate self advertising. You see some that even disable links in signatures. Thats why I gave up a long time ago using the method of finding the top forum sites that covered the same subject as your site, then adding your link in posts there to get traffic. They just get cheesed off and start complaining.

Never works anyway, they just stop on the big sites.

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    Not sure, but you can use CTRL-C before you hit submit
    I do that on forums where I'm placed in "Miserable Users". I don't go that site anymore because the owner doesn't like it post your link when someone asks for free hosting. I understand that you can't blatantly advertise but if someone says "Where can I get free hosting" and I say "I offer free hosting at Xen Web - Free cPanel Hosting" My post shouldn't be deleted. What really didn't make sense is if someone else posted a link to my site it was fine because they don't own the site.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Not sure, but you can use CTRL-C before you hit submit

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    And whats even worse is you type a long thread, hit the submit button and the server has one of them moments when it goes down for about 5 seconds. And you press the back button in IE and find all you typed is lossed.
    Yeah exactly lol. Is there actually a way to save the post stuff in cookies or w/e so its not lost straight away?

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    Hey,

Have you ever typed a really big PM or post and then hit the backspace button to delete some text and instead it went back a page? Then when you hit the forward button, its all gone and you have to type it over?

I am sure so many have.

What I was wondering is how come the PM title and recipent is saved but the PM message itself isn't? I find it strange :S.

Thanks
    MAD
    And whats even worse is you type a long thread, hit the submit button and the server has one of them moments when it goes down for about 5 seconds. And you press the back button in IE and find all you typed is lossed.

Leave a comment: