Have you ever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Just hit refresh. The form will be resubmitted to the server.
    Yeah but the form (text) always disappears. Isnt that cookie based?

Comment

If you submit a form and get a server error back (or a database error), pressing submit will submit the entire form again including your text. Don't press the back button or anything else, just refresh the error page. Of course if its a database error, you may want to wait a few minutes and try again.

The text isn't stored at all except for whatever buffers your browser provides for that information.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

If you submit a form and get a server error back (or a database error), pressing submit will submit the entire form again including your text. Don't press the back button or anything else, just refresh the error page. Of course if its a database error, you may want to wait a few minutes and try again.

The text isn't stored at all except for whatever buffers your browser provides for that information.
        Wow. That was easy and to think this whole time I kept going back and retyping. Thanks! I'll put a note on mine in case it ever comes up.

Comment

THis can maybe help u out : http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...light=autosave

Comment

Yeah I do that but when you hit backspace while typing, thats where the real deal is . Once you go forward (back to the PM/thread page) all your text is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by WarDoGG View Post
              That addon is pretty worthless really. I tested it for months and it never had any benefit and since it doesn't work in WYSIWYG mode its just not worth it.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment