Vista Ultimate "regedit"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista Ultimate "regedit"

Does anybody know were the RUN command is in Windows Vista were you enter "regedit" for example to get into the registry settings.

Just click on start and type regedit in the search box and it will show up. The search box is like desktop search and the run box combined. Type CMD in it to show the cmd.exe and run a command line, etc...
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

ok, I was looking for a RUN command promt, and only saw Search

Comment

The search bar when you click your start icon is kinda like run anyway, at least i think so.

rather then like run: c:/windows/fonts

you just type fonts and windows displays in on the menu :]

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
          ok, I was looking for a RUN command promt, and only saw Search
          You have to add RUN in "taskbar and start menu items", in control panel...
          Start menu tab, customize...
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Just press windows key + r
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

sorted now, thanks!

Comment

Well after a Video driver issue, I finally managed to upgrade my laptop that I wasn't really using from XP Media Edition, to Vista Home Premium "clean install". (the laptop was vista ready). Plus it gave me the chance to get rid of all that junk that comes with a HP laptop pre installed.

I must say I like this Vista on the laptop, I use XP Home on the PC and that will stay as it is, and I'll use the laptop for Vista. The only thing that does annoy me about Vista a little though, is the permissions all the time you have to accept to do something on it.

But that aside, it looks really good with Aero enabled, and quite sexy!

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                  Well after a Video driver issue, I finally managed to upgrade my laptop that I wasn't really using from XP Media Edition, to Vista Home Premium "clean install". (the laptop was vista ready). Plus it gave me the chance to get rid of all that junk that comes with a HP laptop pre installed.

I must say I like this Vista on the laptop, I use XP Home on the PC and that will stay as it is, and I'll use the laptop for Vista. The only thing that does annoy me about Vista a little though, is the permissions all the time you have to accept to do something on it.

But that aside, it looks really good with Aero enabled, and quite sexy!
                  If you're happy being administrator, then turn UAC off. It's there for a reason, but if you know what you're doing it's safe to do so.
                  Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

were is that setting and does that then let it act like XP, not asking for permissions all the time

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X