Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jelsoft's future

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IB doesn't look like a good company.

    edit: I take that back, they look like a .com investor. If that's the case it could be good.
    Last edited by Dream; Wed 4 Jul '07, 6:07pm.
    Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

    Comment


    • mmm sorta smells like a microsoft type deal LOL i hope when we open our boards we don't see the blue screen of death roflmao... it sounds like vbulletin will only get better but how can you improve on something that is already great time will tell!! Good Luck VB

      Comment


      • Originally posted by James View Post
        Onto the subject of product pricing. Since the first release of vBulletin 1.0 in 2000, we have never raised the price of vBulletin licenses. The key strategy moving forward is not to shift prices markedly upwards and make buying vBulletin an unattractive proposition, but rather to offer a broader range of products and services to better cater for all audiences. We are in business to serve our customers, and we will continue to do just that in order to remain competitive.
        Thank you, that was one of my main concerns....

        Here is a bit more info for those who don't know:

        Los Angeles-based CarsDirect yesterday said that it has changed its name to Internet Brands, as the company has started expanding its services into other, non-automotive related areas. The company said that the name change reflects the company’s aggressive expansion into other big ticket areas sucha s home mortgage lending. The new name will serve as a banner over the company's CarsDirect.com, Autos.com, Autodata Solutions, LoanStore.com, BestRate.com, and LoanApp.com web sites. CarsDirect started its foray into other consumer areas in early 2004.
        posted on Friday, June 17, 2005
        Last edited by Infantrymen; Wed 4 Jul '07, 6:28pm.

        Comment


        • Yup, My first impression of IP's website is not professional.

          Originally posted by Dream View Post
          IB doesn't look like a good company.

          edit: I take that back, they look like a .com investor. If that's the case it could be good.

          Comment


          • Oh dear.

            Look what happened to iKonboard when it was bought by a large company. I hope Jelsoft can keep vBulletin on track and prevent a similar fate.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Milado View Post
              I want Kier to stay as a development manager, I can't imagine how vBulletin will be developed without his relieving view.
              ...and Steve Machol to stay as vBulletin customer support manager. I can't imagine how Jelsoft products will be supported without his relieving patience.
              You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

              Comment


              • James:

                I appreciate you being forthcoming and telling us of your vision and changes that's coming to Jelsoft. Change is bad or good, and only time can tell whether this "acquistion" is going to be a good or bad thing. Regardless, the people who make up the vBulletin team are those I hold a great deal of respect to, and that these are the people who understand Jelsoft. So as long as you're behind the wheel, and the rest of the vBulletin team is behind you, I'll be following right behind you guys.

                To a great future!
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

                Comment


                • Lots of postings have been erased since my last visit a few hours ago, I believe there were about 8 pages at that time

                  I have to say, I have a very bad taste in my mouth right now, I always had tons of faith in Jelsoft, even waited and waited for the long ago announced vBCMS, but since I never have seen that coming where other forum boards companies have jumped the bandwagon, jelsoft didn't made a move and now this move has has made me think if I need to continue obtaining a fifth license.

                  I'm sorry Jelsoft, but you have to proof me and many others wrong, show us the long awaited vBCMS, Social Network, show us no or a minimal price increase, because after a take over there will always be a price increase.

                  And could we be informed why John left and why James has to show of his money bag and what did happen to all these missing posts?
                  KCi aka Rhyze

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
                    James:

                    I appreciate you being forthcoming and telling us of your vision and changes that's coming to Jelsoft. Change is bad or good, and only time can tell whether this "acquistion" is going to be a good or bad thing. Regardless, the people who make up the vBulletin team are those I hold a great deal of respect to, and that these are the people who understand Jelsoft. So as long as you're behind the wheel, and the rest of the vBulletin team is behind you, I'll be following right behind you guys.

                    To a great future!
                    Very well said indeed. I don't think it's going to get worse. Only better.
                    To Jelsoft's future...

                    Cheers!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by XUG View Post
                      Lots of postings have been erased since my last visit a few hours ago, I believe there were about 8 pages at that time

                      I have to say, I have a very bad taste in my mouth right now, I always had tons of faith in Jelsoft, even waited and waited for the long ago announced vBCMS, but since I never have seen that coming where other forum boards companies have jumped the bandwagon, jelsoft didn't made a move and now this move has has made me think if I need to continue obtaining a fifth license.

                      I'm sorry Jelsoft, but you have to proof me and many others wrong, show us the long awaited vBCMS, Social Network, show us no or a minimal price increase, because after a take over there will always be a price increase.

                      And could we be informed why John left and why James has to show of his money bag and what did happen to all these missing posts?
                      James has had the money bags avatar since all of the vB staff received their avatars.

                      Comment


                      • This sale looks to me like a well deserved cash exit for Jelsoft and an IPO / Venture Capital strategy for Internet Brands. It makes a world of difference if you can tell Vc's and investors that you own your own software platform for your network of websites. Much congratulations to both. vBulletin customers on the other hand should be worried about this. Look at the websites that Internet Brands owns. Do they look like they have any interest in being a software provider to other competing websites?
                        Last edited by greggish99; Wed 4 Jul '07, 8:22pm.

                        Comment


                        • I think IB have to acquire vBAdvanced too, then vBulletin will have more two official ad-ons, also they may acquire PhotoPost vBgallery, or even the vb geek ad-ons.
                          Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

                          I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

                          Comment


                          • How will our personal information be shared with IB and in what ways will that information be used?
                            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by RedTyger View Post
                              No announcement discussion thread, maybe this should be moved.

                              I'm sure Jelsoft will absolutely not go downhill nor will the management become corrupted by the influx of funds and sell out as is the partial tradition as far as a buyout by a larger company goes. But I nevertheless found James's announcement complemented by an avatar featuring a sack of money hilarious.

                              That is all.
                              ROFL - I didn't even notice that avatar until you spoke about it LOL - That's just insane - But anyway - hope vBulletin remains THE BEST forum software there is and with such a well-timed buyout - seems that it can only mean good things for the vB fiends and customers like myself - I just hope the price of vB licenses doens't increase too much...

                              Jacquii.



                              "Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
                                If interenet brands is a publically traded company then the cost of the aquisition might be noted in the quarterly fillings.
                                Yes, however it doesn't seem to be. If it was, I might invest in it/us.
                                Toddler from Hell

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X