Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would suggest everyone get back on track. Your having an issue over something that really makes no sense. Yes, jelsoft sold, no IB hasnt responded.

They dont have to. If things continue the same or better than before, who cares who the man behind the curtain is.

Comment

• Originally posted by bboarddotcom View Post
      I would suggest everyone get back on track. Your having an issue over something that really makes no sense. Yes, jelsoft sold, no IB hasnt responded.

They dont have to. If things continue the same or better than before, who cares who the man behind the curtain is.
      Lost fans do .

Comment

• Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
        Oh boy, your leaving yourself wide open with that one

So do we not get 12 months support then with a full license? That's renewable yearly.

Oh forget it, why argue with a woman, you never win!
        LOL of course you get 12 months of support... where did I say you didn't?
        You're funny.

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
        Last warning guys.
        Sorry hun, I'll quit
        Peggy
        ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Aha! Jelsoft sold our services contract.
          My lawn needs mowing and hedges needs clipping - will need to submit a support ticket
          Unless IB discontinues vB mid-stream for the next generation 'wC' community solution, I believe we can carry on - as is.
          Mark

Comment

• Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
            But it would be nice though if IB would come forward and explain what they do have planned, for example if they are planning to plough money into extra add-ons being created much faster. And just give us some official information from them in general regarding what they have planned for the near future with vBulletin. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't think that's to much to ask as a customer.

Where all just guessing and speculating what they are going to do next based on lose information flying around. People need to hear things from the horses mouth before we can actually believe anything is 100% certain that it's going to happen. After all, it sounds as though there the people putting the money up front now, so only they really know what they are planning to do.

And I'm having a hard time believing anything from anybody on this site now, unless it comes from "IB" themselves as a statement.

Also, I'm wondering how the staff here must feel about this right now, because they must feel like there caught in the middle with their hands tied taking all the flak. I suspect even they are wishing "IB" would come forward and say something at this point.
            We are still in control, James has been appointed as CEO and continues to run the company exactly as before. IB provides some extra resources if we need them (today for example I spoke to a DBA they have on staff about some MySQL issues), you can sit and read what you want into this but the exact same staff are doing the exact same thing as before. If you are going to hear information then it will still continue to come from Jelsoft.

From the staff perspective nothing has changed, so I don't see why anything would have changed for customers.

You are however welcome to wait and see, maybe things will change but if they do I'm positive it will be for the better.
            Scott MacVicar

My Blog | Twitter

Comment

• Thanks for the update... and carry on. I think the silent majority thinks this is a good thing. Jelsoft did the appropriate thing at this point, and I wish all of you the best.

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post
              We are still in control, James has been appointed as CEO and continues to run the company exactly as before. IB provides some extra resources if we need them (today for example I spoke to a DBA they have on staff about some MySQL issues), you can sit and read what you want into this but the exact same staff are doing the exact same thing as before. If you are going to hear information then it will still continue to come from Jelsoft.

From the staff perspective nothing has changed, so I don't see why anything would have changed for customers.

You are however welcome to wait and see, maybe things will change but if they do I'm positive it will be for the better.

Comment

• Thank you very much Scott, for the kind reassurances.
                Peggy
                ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Originally posted by Chousho View Post
                  So, you, without knowing any information beyond what we all do, and without seeing any impact directly on the product from the buyout, sold your license?

Wherever the wind blows, indeed.
                  He is right, Jelsoft does little on a big time span. The outcome has quality, but it takes a long time.
                  Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                  Lost fans do .
                  Fanaticism is one of the reasons I don't like this community. You can't voice negative feedback without being jumped by 20 angry fanboys. If my company had fanboys all over my forums I would call their attention all the time.
                  Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post

This exactly what I was going to post.

Nothing is changed (but the ownership) while James is still here, and John wasn't involved in Jelsoft affairs.
                    Syrian Medical Society - mi la do - My Hacks - vCharset converter - Projects Queue

I want to breathe the freedom, and to strew the mounts of nostalgia in your eyes.

Comment

• Fanaticism is one of the reasons I don't like this community. You can't voice negative feedback without being jumped by 20 angry fanboys. If my company had fanboys all over my forums I would call their attention all the time.
                      I was merely joking. A joke you would only understand if you ever watched lost. People who can't stand jokes need to cheer up in life. I am not angry nor a "fanboy" as you put it...

Originally posted by Scott MacVicar View Post

Thanks for your reply. That is helpful .
                      Last edited by ---MAD---; Fri 13 Jul '07, 9:04am.

Comment

• Please note that there really is not anything more we can add to what James already posted in his announcement. However I have quite a long business history (no age jokes please ) and in fact my College Thesis was on 'Merger's and Takeovers'. In addition I have direct experience with a number of such acquisitions on both ends. My personal comments are as follows:

1. Not all acquisitions are bad for the acquired company. Conversely not all of them are good either. I only state this obvious point because some people have already jumped to the conclusion that this one is going to be 'bad' in spite of any evidence to support this.

2. The key factors in such acquisitions are: (a) whether or not the acquired company is in the same business as the acquiring company, and (b) what resources the parent company can bring to the acquired company.

For option 'a', my experience and research shows that the most dramatic changes (for better or worst, but mostly worst) have come when the parent company acquires a company they are in competition with. As should be clear by now, such a situation does not exist with the IB acquisition of Jelsoft.

For option 'b', the relevant factors are what the new parent company can provide the acquired company. If they can provide financial, marketing and other resources in excess of what the acquired company can produce on it's own, then the results are almost always a net plus for both companies and for customers. Again this is not merely conjecture on my part. I have quite a lot of experience in this area.

3. There are no guarantees in life. This would be true if Jelsoft was acquired or not. However the mere fact of an acquisition is not enough for people to automatically assume the worse. In fact, based on my experience I would say the odds are substantially in favor of things improving for both Jelsoft and it's customers.

Given all this one obvious question that has popped up several times is how the staff feel about this. I can state unequivocally that not only am I excited about this and am confident that this will be a net plus for our customers, but in rather extensive discussions with the rest of the staff the feelings are very positive about this and the potential it holds.

One final thought. All of this is just words and too often words are used to confused and obfuscate. Some will assume that my words are simply a smoke screen to hide some underlying massive conspiracy to delude our costumers or that I, in fact, may be delusional. The first is definitely not the case, but some people will believe what they want to believe regardless of the facts. There is nothing I can do about people who choose to believe the worst. As for the latter, if I am delusional, then I would be the last one to know. However I assure you that my wife would let me know.

The bottom line is that I truly believe this is not only a positive step for Jelsoft and the staff, but more importantly I believe this is going to be a very positive move for our customers too. But those are just 'words' too. The proof will be in our product and support and in the end our customers will make the final judgment.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• Good points Steve.
                          It is the contuining presence of the support staff and developers, and your involvement in this product that means so much to me and others I'm sure.

Cheers
                          Mark

Comment

• Thanks Scott!

Comment

• Excellent! Thanks so much Steve, for clearing alot of things up for us.
                              Peggy
                              ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• It sounds like Scott and Steve summed it up best!
                                The Relationship Forum
                                The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X