X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Discussions,

Could you please follow the instructions in this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79557

That way we know you are a licensed and concerned customer.
    No can do. I sold my license because of this issue at hand. But as a former customer (I've owned over 4 licenses and leased 1) I feel that I am entitled to speak here - am I not?

I have since gone to IPB, where Innovation appears to be ongoing. Once vBulletin becomes innovative once more, then I assure you that I will return. I have no doubts that vBulletin will at some point reinvent forum software as a whole - the question is, when?

The best answer is of course: There is no better time for innovation then to reach that point before your customers begin asking for changes. Give changes that your customers really don't even know they want at that time - amaze them with how much a better product your creation can become. Never allow your product to become stale when compared to a competitors' product.
    Last edited by Comtech; Thu 12 Jul '07, 9:49am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Discussions View Post
      If the new owners do not care enough to come by and speak up, then something is wrong with that picture as a whole.
      Says the guy who subsequently admits he doesn't even have a dog in the hunt.

Comment

Since when did "I" become "people"? Do I have multiple personalties that I am unaware of?

Customers are the business and without customers, you have nothing. Piss the customers off, don't tell them the truth -etc and you may have the best product on the market, but piss your customers off and you won't have anything.

Your Customers have the right to know what is going on. It is a shabby company that buys a pre-existing one and does not bother to come around and discuss the matter or at the least, make a post and officially comment on the future of the product.

I've worked at an Aluminum plant all of my life and am currently at the top base of employees (management). If we did something so drastic (and we have) then we have to explain to our customers why the change was needed, or at least lie about the situation to smooth business over with them. We recently voted out the President of that company, as he was picking up whores and drinking while on business trips. That was a bad image for our company.

If the new owner of Jelsoft does not make a public announcement and comment on the concerns of customers, then Jelsoft as a whole may lose many customers. Customers are the most important aspect of any company. So far, all I have been seeing is the usual company spin, trying to keep customers at ease. Until you hear it from the Horses mouth & not the Horses rear, I'd keep an open mind up of leaving once your license expires.

If the new owners do not care enough to come by and speak up, then something is wrong with that picture as a whole.
        I do believe that Joey was talking about customers as a whole - not about just you.

Indeed we are customers - not shareholders, not employees - nothing more than a customer who has purchased a license to run a forum script on our websites. I have found nowhere in the license agreement, where I purchased the right to know every detail of any sales, acquisitions, take-overs, buyouts, etc.

So you can argue that it is your right to know til you're blue in the face - the fact is, they can tell us what they want to, or not, and you have no rights to anything except the forum script that you purchased. In fact, you now have no rights, since you abandoned ship, so your argument is a moot point, regardless.
        Last edited by Ohiosweetheart; Thu 12 Jul '07, 9:59am.
        Peggy
        ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike54 View Post
          Says the guy who subsequently admits he doesn't even have a dog in the hunt.
          Actually, I at one time had four dogs in the "hunt" as you childishly put it.

If this is a hunt, then I grew tired of my dog not giving me the correct results, and simply shot it instead. I only recently sold my last owned license.

Don't be grumpy - it doesn't matter if I hold a current license or not.

Comment

I have since gone to IPB, where Innovation appears to be ongoing.
            So, you, without knowing any information beyond what we all do, and without seeing any impact directly on the product from the buyout, sold your license?

Wherever the wind blows, indeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart View Post
              In fact, you now have no rights, since you don't even own a vB license any longer, so this is all a moot point, regardless.
              Don't start a flame war here - I have as much right as anyone to state my opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chousho View Post
                So, you, without knowing any information beyond what we all do, and without seeing any impact directly on the product from the buyout, sold your license?

Wherever the wind blows, indeed.
                I simply chose Innovation versus staying stale.

I will return if vBulletin can innovate once more. Also, what is it with vBulletin owners acting childish when it comes to someone offering an opinion?

Comment

• Noone is starting a flame war, lol. Now that is childish.
                  Peggy
                  ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart View Post
                    Noone is starting a flame war, lol. Now that is childish.

Yes, that it is, which is why I said not to start one. Any type of idiotic attacks, such as "you have no room to talk, you sold your license." that has no place on any mature leveled forum.

I had better just go before I lose my cool.

I have work to attend to as it is.

Oh, and it is "No one", not "noone"

Comment

• That was not an attack, it was a statement, or if you prefer, a matter of opinion.

Oh, and it is "No one", not "noone"
                      Yes, I know. Thank you
                      Peggy
                      ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Indeed we are customers - not shareholders, not employees - nothing more than a customer
                        It's a good job you don't run your own business with an attitude like that like towards a paying customer.

And I'll tell you something, I'd like to see how many people would be selling there vB licence that same week if vBulletin was to turn around with an attitude like that.

Remember in business, the customer is "ALWAYS" right, unless you don't want a business to succeed and fall flat on its face.
                        Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 12 Jul '07, 11:34am.

Comment

• Everyone here, please take just a few moments to relax and breath. This is a friendly warning to not let things get out of hand.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                            It's a good job you don't run your own business with an attitude like that like towards a paying customer.

And I'll tell you something, I'd like to see how many people would be selling there vB licence that same week if vBulletin was to turn around with an attitude like that.

Remember in business, the customer is "ALWAYS" right, unless you don't want a business to succeed and fall flat on its face.
                            Oh, but I do run my own business, quite successfully, in fact.

Interesting how you pick one sentence - not even the entire sentence, but a piece of it - to post about. The point of that post, since you seem to have missed it, was to reiterate the fact that the owners of this business owe us nothing more than what we paid for.
                            Peggy
                            ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Oh boy, your leaving yourself wide open with that one

So do we not get 12 months support then with a full license? That's renewable yearly.

Oh forget it, why argue with a woman, you never win!
                              Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 12 Jul '07, 12:08pm.

Comment

• Last warning guys.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X