Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you're assuming the worse before anything happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Discussions View Post
      It is the business of every vBulletin license holder, both past, present and future.

If handled in the wrong way, vBulletin will go the way of X.com. X.com was once the greatest online bank at the time. They gave out $25 per person that signed up. They were eventually sold and became known as the Scamming company known as Paypal.

Paypal is a dirty word to many. vBulletin may go the same route.
      I've never had any problems with Paypal. What's up with them?

Comment

• Paypal are fine :S.

Comment

• I know a lot of people complain about Paypal fee's. Ever see how much merchant accounts charge? Paypal is a lot cheaper. I dont see the problem with them either. Besides, it goes nicely with vbulletin.

Comment

• Some people have had bad expeirnce with Paypal and some have had positive.

I myself like Paypal as I have had good EXP with them.

Comment

It is the business of every vBulletin license holder, both past, present and future.
              Sorry, but I disagree - the details of the acquisition of Jelsoft is none of our (my) business.

You/I purchased a license to run this forum script on our website(s). We did not pay for the right to know every little detail of any sale/buy-out/acquisition, etc. James & John sold the company. That is their right and privilege - theirs and theirs alone.

Some people have had bad expeirnce with Paypal and some have had positive.
              I myself like Paypal as I have had good EXP with them
              I've had nothing but good experiences with PayPal in the 2 years I've had my account with them.
              Last edited by Ohiosweetheart; Thu 12 Jul '07, 6:33am.
              Peggy
              ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• It is our business.

We are the only reasons Jelsoft is even able to sell off to another company.
                If it were not for license holders, where would Jelsoft or vBulletin been? It would have been dead. I am not saying that it will be bad for the software - in fact, I know it can't get any worse. vBulletin needs innovation & so far (past year) has lacked it - while IPB has been inventing new ways of doing things.

Paypal - Go to PaypalSucks.com & read the horror stories.
                I've personally had to deal with the scammers who run Paypal - after they "Froze" my account (or suspended) all due to the reason I received a large sum of money at one time. They requested all sorts of personal information, from SS#'s to business contact numbers for my clients. To Bills that I have previously paid.

Paypal has also been in major hot water with the People (several class action lawsuits) and unless it changes its ways soon - I hope there won't be a paypal in the next two to three years.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  I think you're assuming the worse before anything happens.

Yes, that I am.

But WTH - it is amusing to me. I really don't take any serious conversation over the acquisition, serious. So, I am just playing around adding in some personal experience & what not, allow others to make up their own mind.

Seriously, lets wait and see what happens. I hope, that vBulletin gets better & becomes more innovative in the forum software department (versus releasing add-on products) for the software needs an outer shell re-visioning to enhance the power of what is inside. Give us a new (IPB style or better) Profile system, a new and improved default skin.

In time, I would like to see a WYSIWYG skin editor built inside of vBulletin. That would be innovative & something that no other forum software has ever pulled off. Make an Adobe Dreamweaver type of templating system, right smack in the admincp (at least as a optional add-on.)
                  Last edited by Comtech; Thu 12 Jul '07, 6:50am.

Comment

It is our business.
                    Discussions,

Could you please follow the instructions in this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=79557

That way we know you are a licensed and concerned customer.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

It is our business.

If it were not for license holders, where would Jelsoft or vBulletin been? It would have been dead. I am not saying that it will be bad for the software - in fact, I know it can't get any worse. vBulletin needs innovation & so far (past year) has lacked it - while IPB has been inventing new ways of doing things.
                      Not really, actually. In fact, they were not even obligated to tell us about their acquisition, but did. Jelsoft is not a publicly traded company. You are not a stock holder. They did so because it was big news, and felt we should know.
                      Do you hear about every in-house operation that goes on in Microsoft because you run Windows (if you do)? Do you hear about the workings of the oil company that powers your gas station of choice just because you put money in the pockets of the oil tycoons? I'm sure if you had stock in them, yes, but that is a whole other animal. You paid for a VB license, which is an agreement to be able to legally run a Website forum software on your site. I'm not sure where it was stated in the license that Jelsoft was required to tell us everything as it happened.

Paypal - Go to PaypalSucks.com & read the horror stories.
                      I've personally had to deal with the scammers who run Paypal - after they "Froze" my account (or suspended) all due to the reason I received a large sum of money at one time. They requested all sorts of personal information, from SS#'s to business contact numbers for my clients. To Bills that I have previously paid.

Paypal has also been in major hot water with the People (several class action lawsuits) and unless it changes its ways soon - I hope there won't be a paypal in the next two to three years.
                      Wow, just ... wow.
                      I've had nothing but positive experiences with Paypal, and am very thankful such a company exists. While I would be happy if there was another choice in that field, I would never wish such a thing that so many people do rely on to "go out of existence in 2-3 years". Way to think about others who depend on it for their business, eh?

Originally posted by Discussions View Post
                      But WTH - it is amusing to me. I really don't take any serious conversation over the acquisition, serious. So, I am just playing around adding in some personal experience & what not, allow others to make up their own mind.
                      Well, I'm glad you at least allow us to make up our own mind I was worried there for a second.

Comment

• Not really, actually. In fact, they were not even obligated to tell us about their acquisition, but did. Jelsoft is not a publicly traded company. You are not a stock holder. They did so because it was big news, and felt we should know.

Do you hear about every in-house operation that goes on in Microsoft because you run Windows (if you do)? Do you hear about the workings of the oil company that powers your gas station of choice just because you put money in the pockets of the oil tycoons? I'm sure if you had stock in them, yes, but that is a whole other animal. You paid for a VB license, which is an agreement to be able to legally run a Website forum software on your site. I'm not sure where it was stated in the license that Jelsoft was required to tell us everything as it happened.
                        But it would be nice though if IB would come forward and explain what they do have planned, for example if they are planning to plough money into extra add-ons being created much faster. And just give us some official information from them in general regarding what they have planned for the near future with vBulletin. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't think that's to much to ask as a customer.

Where all just guessing and speculating what they are going to do next based on lose information flying around. People need to hear things from the horses mouth before we can actually believe anything is 100% certain that it's going to happen. After all, it sounds as though there the people putting the money up front now, so only they really know what they are planning to do.

And I'm having a hard time believing anything from anybody on this site now, unless it comes from "IB" themselves as a statement.

Also, I'm wondering how the staff here must feel about this right now, because they must feel like there caught in the middle with their hands tied taking all the flak. I suspect even they are wishing "IB" would come forward and say something at this point.
                        Last edited by MRGTB; Thu 12 Jul '07, 8:37am.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                          But it would be nice though if IB would come forward and explain what they do have planned, for example if they are planning to plough money into extra add-ons being created much faster. And just give us some official information from them in general regarding what they have planned for the near future with vBulletin. I don't know about anybody else, but I don't think that's to much to ask as a customer.

Where all just guessing and speculating what they are going to do next based on lose information flying around. People need to hear things from the horses mouth before we can actually believe anything is 100% certain that it's going to happen. After all, it sounds as though there the people putting the money up front now, so only they really know what they are planning to do.

And I'm having a hard time believing anything from anybody on this site now, unless it comes from "IB" themselves as a statement.
                          So now no matter what Jelsoft staff has said since then isn't good enough of information? Or that whatever they say can't be taken in confidence and be left as-is?

I'm happy Jelsoft told us what happened, and with this thread, have given us more information. I don't see why we need to know every little thing about this acquisition, especially since Jelsoft itself hasn't really changed as we know it right now.
                          Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Onimua View Post
                            So now no matter what Jelsoft staff has said since then isn't good enough of information? Or that whatever they say can't be taken in confidence and be left as-is?

I'm happy Jelsoft told us what happened, and with this thread, have given us more information. I don't see why we need to know every little thing about this acquisition, especially since Jelsoft itself hasn't really changed as we know it right now.
                            The way I see it is like this, until IB tell us themselves what is going to happen, I'm taking what is said here at the moment with a pinch of salt. IB could do a u-turn for all you know on what they have told the staff.

So we need to hear it from them

Comment

It is our business.

People seem to be forgetting something... We are customers, not shareholders.
                              vBulletin Hosting - Building my Automotive Forum Network...
                              vBulletin FAQ - Lincoln vs Cadillac - Mopar Forum - Car Audio Forum - E Body Mopar Forum - B Body Mopar Forum
                              Pick Up Truck Forum - C Body Mopar Forum - FMJ Body Mopar Forum - Willys and Jeep Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by joeychgo View Post
                                People seem to be forgetting something... We are customers, not shareholders.
                                Since when did "I" become "people"? Do I have multiple personalties that I am unaware of?

Customers are the business and without customers, you have nothing. Piss the customers off, don't tell them the truth -etc and you may have the best product on the market, but piss your customers off and you won't have anything.

Your Customers have the right to know what is going on. It is a shabby company that buys a pre-existing one and does not bother to come around and discuss the matter or at the least, make a post and officially comment on the future of the product.

I've worked at an Aluminum plant all of my life and am currently at the top base of employees (management). If we did something so drastic (and we have) then we have to explain to our customers why the change was needed, or at least lie about the situation to smooth business over with them. We recently voted out the President of that company, as he was picking up whores and drinking while on business trips. That was a bad image for our company.

If the new owner of Jelsoft does not make a public announcement and comment on the concerns of customers, then Jelsoft as a whole may lose many customers. Customers are the most important aspect of any company. So far, all I have been seeing is the usual company spin, trying to keep customers at ease. Until you hear it from the Horses mouth & not the Horses rear, I'd keep an open mind up of leaving once your license expires.

If the new owners do not care enough to come by and speak up, then something is wrong with that picture as a whole.
                                Last edited by Comtech; Thu 12 Jul '07, 9:43am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X