This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Onimua View Post
    There's a huge thread already on the whole discussion right over here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235379
    Yeah, I was just about to post that to.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kier View Post
      No, Jelsoft was acquired by Internet Brands Inc. in totalis.
      Thats what I figured! Thanks for proving that.

Comment

• This should have been posted in the other thread, there is no need for another thread started about this.

Plus you've quoted two articles that already been quoted in the other thread, the biggest one you quoted was taken from IPB which I already quoted in the other thread.

Comment

• Threads merged. Next time please use the report post option. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Floris View Post
            Threads merged. Next time please use the report post option. Thanks.
            You confused me floris! I saw the other post and said how'd that happen! lol

Comment

• All this talk about "John's share" has got me wondering. I wasn't aware that Jelsoft was a publicly traded company. If it isn't public, then does that mean the company is split up where each employee owns a certain percentage of the company?

Comment

• John and James were the founders and directors of Jelsoft. Both he and James had a share of the company, which is how UK Ltd. companies work. These shares were then acquired by IB. The sale of the directors' shares does not mean that Jelsoft is a publicly traded company.

Comment

• oh
                  I dream yesterday c my username with staff user group hehe

BTW did the new company plane to open new offical?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kier View Post
                    John and James were the founders and directors of Jelsoft. Both he and James had a share of the company, which is how UK Ltd. companies work. These shares were then acquired by IB. The sale of the directors' shares does not mean that Jelsoft is a publicly traded company.
                    Note to others:
                    Ltd is where shares are limited to friends / family and all share holders (or most) have to agree before allowing another share holder to join in. PLC is a public limited company where they can issue out shares to the general public .

Obviously you can sell your shares which is how IB got hold of Jelsoft as John and James sold their shares to them .

Comment

• I'm kind of wondering.. The acquisition.. Isn't it complete yet? I'm wondering because IB has yet to list it in their news-section, and they lisited another acquisition of a different community on the 9th, well after James made the announcement here.
                      Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                        I'm kind of wondering.. The acquisition.. Isn't it complete yet? I'm wondering because IB has yet to list it in their news-section, and they lisited another acquisition of a different community on the 9th, well after James made the announcement here.
                        A good point :O.

Comment

• According to James' announcement, which clearly says
                          We are pleased to announce that Jelsoft Enterprises Limited has been acquired by Internet Brands, Inc....
                          I would assume that the acquisition is complete.
                          Peggy
                          ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Not really, that's just brief statement saying they have been bought out by IB, I think your reading a bit too much into that statement to say it means everything has been finalised.

I wouldn't have looked at that statement in that way, I would just look at that as meaning exactly what it says. They been bought by IB and nothing more, there's no fine print details in that statement.
                            Last edited by MRGTB; Wed 11 Jul '07, 6:10pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                              Not really, that's just brief statement saying they have been bought out by IB,
                              Isn't that what I said? Jelsoft has been acquired... bought out... has been, not will be, not in the process... has been, as in past tense. That, to me, represents that the transaction is complete.

I think your reading a bit too much into that statement to say it means everything has been finalised. I wouldn't have looked at that statement in that way, I would just look at that as meaning exactly what it says. They been bought by IB and nothing more, there's no fine print details in that statement.
                              Exactly. That's what it says. Jelsoft has been acquired by Internet Brands, Inc.

The fact is, whether we read the statement the same way or not, or whether the deal is finalized or not, doesn't matter in the least. We probably never will see any "fine print details", simply because it's none of our business.
                              Peggy
                              ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart View Post
                                We probably never will see any "fine print details", simply because it's none of our business.
                                It is the business of every vBulletin license holder, both past, present and future.

If handled in the wrong way, vBulletin will go the way of X.com. X.com was once the greatest online bank at the time. They gave out $25 per person that signed up. They were eventually sold and became known as the Scamming company known as Paypal.

Paypal is a dirty word to many. vBulletin may go the same route.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X