Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To be honest I would not like to see other 3rd party software intergrated into vBulletin, not even IB's own. I would much sooner see vBulletin create there own software add-ons from scratch. Because vBulletin has it's very own uneak style of coding, look, layout and feel. Thats uneak to vB only. And to start porting 3rd party applications to work with vBulletin would not be ideal really, not even if it means you get them faster.

I'd also love to see a Gallery for vBulletin. That's the one big thing I want the most. But I do like the Blog also, I use the Blog from IPB. And I never thought a Blog would really interest me as a forum add-on before. But I love it! There very useful indeed. And give you a place on your own site to create a personal section about yourself, and for your members to do the same.

Image if you ran something like a DATING site, just image how useful a Blog is then to members.
    Last edited by MRGTB; Sun 8 Jul '07, 6:26pm.

Comment

• uneak? I think you mean "unique".

Comment

• Yeah, spell checker packed in for moment

Comment

• Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
          Not really, it probably means they do know, but it's not up to them to say. It's up to IB to say if they make an announcement, or give them the go ahead to say it themselves here.

Remember, IB own this site and the company now, it's not Jelsoft anymore really. They'll just be keeping the Jelsoft name going as a brand name for obvious reasons. People like Floris are now controlled by IB and what they can say is controlled by them now.
          You are totally mistaken. IB is a shareholder of Jelsoft. Noone have ever announced if all share's have been sold or not and more important point vbulletin.com , vbulletin.org all still belongs to Jelsoft Inc. Jelsoft Inc. is a seperate company and IB is only holding the shares. It may be more then 51% of the shares so they may have a strong vote on everything. However as James mentioned the CEO of the company is still the same. The staff of Jelsoft is still the same. People like Floris are still Jelsoft employee.

Also if we go with your logic Jelsoft is owned by another company because IB is a child company of another company in US. But business isn't like what you are thinking.

Comment

• Well, I'm nervous about this buyout. I've been a huge Jelsoft fan for years, and haven't really seriously considered moving away from vBulletin. It's not only the fact that they're getting bought out that worries, but that they're being bought out by a company that if they're not already a competitor, they could easily buy out my existing competitors (that's what they do) and then become my competitor.

Well, I don't know what I'd switch to if I had to switch. Community server looks interesting. Expensive though. But, I don't know what would be easy to move to. One thing I've liked about Jelsoft is that they make it easy, through Impex, to import boards that I've taken over. I've never really given much thought to an exit plan.
            Peter Davis - I Buy Forums
            Old Coins Forum

Comment

• Well to be fair, nobody has said either way if IB have just bought the majority share stake in vBulletin, or if they have bought the company outright.

In regards to James still being the CEO, well that could have just been part part of the buyout agreement for all we know. They may just have agreed certain things as part of the deal. And as for the company still being called Jelsoft, well you get lots of cases when another company will buy another company out, but still keep the old brand name going. Sometimes it makes more sense to keep the same brand going because it's an household name that sells, but under new ownership by another company. That could if they wanted change it.

Take ASDA in the UK for example that was bought by WALMARK, There still called ASDA in the UK. But there now owned by Walmark. And they still have the same employee's.
              Last edited by MRGTB; Sun 8 Jul '07, 7:23pm.

Comment

• I'm seeing some logical thinking in this thread, but most of it seems to resolve to FUD. It seems people, without all the information they're comfortable with, automatically assume the worst. Sharing concerns is great, but stirring up a frenzy is a whole other thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by transverse View Post
                  That's wrong. Matt is an excellent programmer
                  He's not a good designer though, Kier is.

And I agree there should be a formal introduction by IB...
                  Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

• Originally posted by petertdavis View Post
                    Well, I don't know what I'd switch to if I had to switch. Community server looks interesting. Expensive though. But, I don't know what would be easy to move to.
                    You must be rich, have you seen there prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
                      You are totally mistaken. IB is a shareholder of Jelsoft. Noone have ever announced if all share's have been sold or not and more important point vbulletin.com , vbulletin.org all still belongs to Jelsoft Inc. Jelsoft Inc. is a seperate company and IB is only holding the shares. It may be more then 51% of the shares so they may have a strong vote on everything. However as James mentioned the CEO of the company is still the same. The staff of Jelsoft is still the same. People like Floris are still Jelsoft employee.

Also if we go with your logic Jelsoft is owned by another company because IB is a child company of another company in US. But business isn't like what you are thinking.
                      Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                      Well to be fair, nobody has said either way if IB have just bought the majority share stake in vBulletin, or if they have bought the company outright....
                      The original announcement says that Jelsoft was acquired by IB, not that IB has purchased X amount of shares of Jelsoft, nor that IB has become a major shareholder of Jelsoft. It states flat out that IB has acquired (which to me, means thay have bought out, taken over, now own) Jelsoft.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235378

Yes, James said that
                      The day-to-day management of Jelsoft will continue largely unchanged. I will continue as Managing Director and CEO of Jelsoft, working alongside the executive team at Internet Brands..
                      This statement
                      Internet Brands is willing, able and ready to invest heavily in Jelsoft
                      doesn't sound to me like a company who has purchased only a controlling portion of shares.
                      Last edited by Ohiosweetheart; Sun 8 Jul '07, 8:48pm.
                      Peggy
                      ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• I don't know whether IB has the best of intentions or not, and that's remain to be seen. Part of me thinks they bought Jelsoft simply for free vBulletin licenses. The other part is saying they are doing this for a decent investment and gain a decent sized profit.

Regardless, I do hope that if they do decide to meddle, it is in our favor and not entirely and soley in their favor. Part of me wants them to be that silent partner
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

• Originally posted by Lizard King View Post
                          You are totally mistaken. IB is a shareholder of Jelsoft. Noone have ever announced if all share's have been sold or not ...
                          An excellent point. This is pure speculation on my part, but it could very well be just John's portion of the company that's been acquired. After all, he's the only one who has left us. James, Kier & co could still be holding their shares.
                          Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart View Post
                            The original announcement says that Jelsoft was acquired by IB, not that IB has purchased X amount of shares of Jelsoft, nor that IB has become a major shareholder of Jelsoft. It states flat out that IB has acquired (which to me, means thay have bought out, taken over, now own) Jelsoft.
                            Yeah, I fear that's the case. Let's hope it's not just to get those free licenses.
                            Toddler from Hell

Comment

• That's one heck of alot of $ to spend just to get free licenses, lol.
                              Peggy
                              ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• The staff themselves have said that they buy licenses and they don't get them free. Why would it be any different now?
                                Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X