Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wasn't really referring to the badmouthing MRGTB - I was referring to the comments I read, speculating about why vB was down this morning, and assuming it was because of the acquisition and supposedly vB was moving to new servers, etc. I wouldn't think that a vB customer would do that kind of open speculating on another software's board. As I said, it just adds fuel to their fire...
    Peggy
    ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ohiosweetheart View Post
      I wasn't really referring to the badmouthing MRGTB - I was referring to the comments I read, speculating about why vB was down this morning, and assuming it was because of the acquisition and supposedly vB was moving to new servers, etc. I wouldn't think that a vB customer would do that kind of open speculating on another software's board. As I said, it just adds fuel to their fire...
      So whats wrong with posting there as to why this site was down most of the day, other vB users go there too you know, and might have answered the question. Or did u not think about that one?

I could'nt exactly come here and ask, seeing as the site was offline. And no announcement was made here that the site was going to be offline today.
      Last edited by MRGTB; Sat 7 Jul '07, 2:38pm.

Comment

• I'm just wondering how much Jesloft was aquired for. (tell me if I'm being rude)

Armored Vehicles . My Blog . Obama 2012 .

Comment

• Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
          So whats wrong with posting there as to why this site was down most of the day, other vB users go there too you know, and might have answered the question. Or did u not think about that one?

I could'nt exactly come here and ask, seeing as the site was offline. And no announcement was made here that the site was going to be offline today.
          It wasn't planned.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235753
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
            More information about Internet Brands would have been nice. Who are they? What's their website address? Where are they based? What plans 'they' have etc etc

Also why is there no official discussion thread for this? That doesn't send out a good signal imo.

I feel the same way, from what I can find there's not one post from anyone from the Internet Brands people introducing themselves, telling us their plans. Little is known about this company other then that purchased Jelsoft. This is big news and I only found out about this from ANOTHER site, you'd think they would send out a special newsletter like they do from time to time.

I'm having a bad feeling about this but still hope the best for everyone. It'd be a shame to see the best forum software go to the gutters.
            Debt-Made-Easy.com: Get out and stay out of debt.

Comment

• I feel kinda edgy about it.. makes me unsure of the future for vB... I mean this could be one of the smartest moves vB makes, while at the same time it can go the other way and end up being the worst move vB makes..

Comment

• Originally posted by WoodiE View Post
                I feel the same way, from what I can find there's not one post from anyone from the Internet Brands people introducing themselves, telling us their plans. Little is known about this company other then that purchased Jelsoft. This is big news and I only found out about this from ANOTHER site, you'd think they would send out a special newsletter like they do from time to time.

I'm having a bad feeling about this but still hope the best for everyone. It'd be a shame to see the best forum software go to the gutters.
                I agree, would be nice to have one of the management at IB introduce themself and tell us what their plans with Jelsoft/vB are .
                Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
                I feel kinda edgy about it.. makes me unsure of the future for vB... I mean this could be one of the smartest moves vB makes, while at the same time it can go the other way and end up being the worst move vB makes..
                Yeah exactly but thats the case with all businesses when they are bought / merged.

Comment

• What's surprised me the most is this, nobody has said anything yet to put our minds at rest regarding if our vB licences will be honoured till they expire by IB.

Comment

What's surprised me the most is this, nobody has said anything yet to put our minds at rest regarding if our vB licences will be honoured till they expire by IB.
                    You've really tried posting about anything possible to find something wrong with the situation haven't you?

It's been made quite clear already that Jelsoft, the staff, the products, and anything else generally related to Jelsoft will remain unchanged, it just seems that there's more back-end changes than front-end. Is there some reason you continue to post as if it's the end of the world and to try and give the impression that somewhere we as customers have been back-stabbed in this situation?
                    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

• no, I don't think we have been back stabbed at all.

By the way, as a member here, how comes your blog is hosted on vB server?

Comment

• From what I gathered there is no reason to change the license you've agreed to when you last downloaded vBulletin.

Since the first release of vBulletin Jelsoft has not raised the price of vBulletin licenses. We do not want to shift prices markedly upwards and make buying vBulletin an unattractive proposition, but rather offer a broader range of products and services to better cater all those interested in vBulletin.

Changing the license suddenly wouldn't be of IB/Jelsoft's best interest.

Comment

What's surprised me the most is this, nobody has said anything yet to put our minds at rest regarding if our vB licences will be honoured till they expire by IB.
                          What do you mean? It expires depending on the license and when you bought it / last renewed. If you have owned it you cannot get updates after 1 year (unless you pay 30 renewal) but can continue to use the product and get support from vbulletin. If you have leased, you can eithe rpay for a leased license again or pay for an owned license.

Comment

• I know how the licence agreement works

Comment

Perhaps no announcement was made because one usually doesn't know ahead of time that their servers are going to go down... do you? Honestly, your reasoning doesn't make sense. How could other vB users answer your question? If you didn't know why the site was down, why would they?

All of the speculating and theorizing and *****ing in the world isn't going to help at this point - especially on the competitions forums, lol.

I, too, really do wish that SOMEONE from IB would post here and answer some questions. However, as long as I know that James is still vB's CEO, and Kier's still lead developer, and the staff that we know and trust are still here trying to calm all of these ruffled feathers - as long as I can come here each day and still see them - then I have to believe that everything's going to be ok, and adding fuel to the fires does noone any good - but it sure does give people something to do, doesn't it?
                              Peggy
                              ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

• Yeah, we'll just wait for IB to wake up and make a statement like you say.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X