• Originally posted by Dream View Post
    Greps always being Mr. Sunshine
    grep -i happy vbulletin.com

0 results...

I tried.

Comment

• Originally posted by ragtek View Post
      how much do you want for your license?
      Not the type of posts they like to see here, I'm afraid.
      Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Originally posted by Greps View Post
        time to sell my vB license and get IPS community suite instead. no matter how much they try to prove otherwise, nothing but bad will come from acquisition.
        You're ditching vBulletin because you think it'll change for the worse after acquisition - based presumably on a single announcement - for Invision, whose product went from being free to more expensive than vBulletin despite not being acquired by anyone?

Edit: Just realised this is probably a joke. Oh well.

Comment

• Well, in one point Jelsoft could have managed better: before selling, they could have asked a little their customers ...

Jelsoft avoided chaotic discussions, but also they lost the chances to get a much better technical solution, and probably more money, and yet a major stability.

They money tickle must have been great, or they would not have abbandoned their well-doing company and their customers to an unknown destiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by y2ksw View Post
            Well, in one point Jelsoft could have managed better: before selling, they could have asked a little their customers ...

Jelsoft avoided chaotic discussions, but also they lost the chances to get a much better technical solution, and probably more money, and yet a major stability.

They money tickle must have been great, or they would not have abbandoned their well-doing company and their customers to an unknown destiny.
            This is a business, and these things happen in business. People buy companies off other people etc. Name me one company that asked it's consumers whether acquisition by a third-party was a good idea or not... It's none of the consumers business. You of course have a choice whether to use the software or not, but I'd at least give it some time before passing judgement on the intentions of the new owners
            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

• The only thing that bothers me is this, how comes all of a sudden we've had the Blog in production (which if you ask me looks very much like an IPB Blog clone, both in styling and features added to it - to get it rush out fast). And the Bug Tracker suddenly released also. Then now we hear about this sudden buy-out which would have been in talks behind the scenes for months with IB. All these years people have been asking for official add-ons without them forth coming. vBulletin have stood by and watch products like Brian's CMS get installed by just about everybody who owns a vBulletin forum, and his vBGallery sell like hot cakes. Without vBulletin making a single penny from either of these products, when they could have raked it in. Why have they stood by all these years and "NOT" provided these products as official add-ons. When they already knew they where very much wanted by vBulletin owners!

So I think it's funny how now, all of a sudden we have the Blog in production and the Bug Tracker released to coincide with this sale going through with IB. Which kind of makes it look like these products were not done for us, but simply to boost the sale value of vBulletin to IB.

This has been vBulletins downfall, which has led to this sale. The IB company has probably looked at vBulletin as a stand alone forum software package being more popular than IPB's forum. And thought what the company could be worth if they added a few add-ons like a Gallery, CMS and other things, just like IPB have done over the years. They could spend a year now adding a few products to vBulletin and watch the value sky rocket through the roof, then sell vBulletin on for a very good profit.

That's what happens when a company stands still like vBulletin has these past few years and refuse to add official extras and only concentrate on the forum upgrades only. If you ask me, this is why the sale has happened. And IB are probably looking at vBulletin as just a money making venture to sell on later in the future after they add a few extras to it for sale, which will easily boost the company's value.

I'm glad now I decided to buy the IPB's full package 2 weeks ago now. I can see no good coming out of all this in the future, this company will be sold on in the future by IB and be bounced around from pillow to post after that.

Sorry, that's my rant over with, but it had to be said to get it off my chest!
              Last edited by MRGTB; Fri 6 Jul '07, 5:29am.

Comment

• Will Jelsoft raise prices with new ownership?

Can we have any guarantee from the new Jelsoft owners?
                John Diver

Comment

• Originally posted by MRGTB
                  The only thing that bothers me is this, how comes all of a sudden we've had the Blog in production (which if you ask me looks very much like an IPB Blog clone, both in styling and features added to it - to get it rush out fast). And the Bug Tracker suddenly released also.
                  Without the acquisition the PT and the blog would both have been released/in development as it is right now. At most likely the same dates. The developers aren't the ones doing the business side of Jelsoft.

Originally posted by ragtek View Post
                  how much do you want for your license?
                  Our web site is not a marketplace, please don't use it as such. Thank you, I hope you understand

Comment

• Originally posted by Floris View Post
                    Without the acquisition the PT and the blog would both have been released/in development as it is right now. At most likely the same dates. The developers aren't the ones doing the business side of Jelsoft.
                    Yes, I understand that the developers like you are not dealing with the vBulletin sale side of things, and probably you also only found out later on before us. But that still doesn't mean, maybe people like John decided to ask you to put the Blog into motion because he did known the sale was going through, and saw an advantage in starting production on it.

Comment

• I am tech support. Not a developer. (friendly FYI)

Comment

• OK, I didn't know that.

Comment

• Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                          OK, I didn't know that.
                          From Floris' signature just one post before yours:
                          - Floris J.M. Fiedeldij Dop; vBulletin.com Tech Support

Toddler from Hell

Comment

• Originally posted by Floris View Post
                            Our web site is not a marketplace, please don't use it as such. Thank you, I hope you understand
                            yes

Comment

• Originally posted by ragtek View Post
                              yes
                              yes?

Comment

• yes i understand

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X