Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshyyy
    replied
    Only version of IPB i ever liked was 1.3 tbh.
    vBulletin has my votes though.

Leave a comment:

• Yours Truly
    replied
    I know but it can still be easily traced you should have at least asked permission before doing it

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    Originally posted by Yours Truly View Post
    What makes you feel you have the right to post someone else's thread elsewhere?
    I didn't use his username.

Leave a comment:

• Yours Truly
    replied
    Originally posted by harmor View Post
    What makes you feel you have the right to post someone else's thread elsewhere?

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    Here's my post on IPS
    http://forums.invisionpower.com/inde...owtopic=235939

Leave a comment:

• Wheels
    replied
    Originally posted by cemartin View Post
    vB and IPB are two different products. It's as simple as that (or is it?). Yes, some aspects of both can be compared (such as the ACP, default style, user management options, etc.), but they both have their own unique features that can simply not be compared to each other. Whenever I see the, "Which one is better: vB or IPB?" question posed, I almost always say, "Neither one; they are both great in their own way". Some responses to that same question that I've seen are:

In favor of vBulletin:
    vB rox! If u say that IPB kicks vB's butt, u are wrong!

In favor of IPB:
    IPB is the bomb. vB sucks because it's not as good as IPB.

As I always say, different strokes for different folks. Is vB a great piece of software? Absolutely. Is IPB a great piece of software, as well? Yes. It all boils down to personal preference, but when it comes down to a comparison, being fair is key. Look at both sides of the comparison; don't allow your personal opinion to get in the way.

Chris
    Can't resist.... In favour of WWWBoard:

IPB, vb, SMF, phpBB and others suck! j/k

Anyhoo I used both and work with both on my vB and my cousin's IPB forums.

Leave a comment:

• Abusiveelusive
    replied
    Wouldn't this discussion be better left on the IPS boards? o_O

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    No, but my understanding is that IPB is not nearly as tolerant of posts about vB on their forums. For instance if some of the IPB defenders that automatically and consistently come to the defense of IPB on these forums did the same thing in the IPB forums in defense of vB, I have reason to believe their posts and possibly posting privileges wouldn't last long.

Nonetheless as our record shows we are not afraid of comparisons and a reasonable discussion of features. We actually believe that we can learn something from our customers.
    That's true, and it's the reason why I like vBulletin so much and why I choose to spend about 99% here and 1% there. I only bought IPB last week, mainly because I wanted an official Gallery and Blog and was sick of vBulletin not having these add-ons as official products, this was before the Blog announcement was made here by the way. And I have to be honest and say, I really am not that keen on there forums after a week of them. You ask a question there and everything is answered with "put a support ticket in" for everything, even for general how to do questions which could be answered quite easy on the forums no problem. Here people would answer or help out if they could, and the staff here would also and only say put a ticket in if it was a last resort.

There is much better atmosphere here by far.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my IPB setup. I have the Blog, Gallery Download Manager and IPB 2.2.2 installed. And after a week of changing things. I have the site how I want it. But I still think vBulletin is a better forum board though, just a pity they don't have all the add-ons though that made me have to part with my money elsewere to get them
    Last edited by MRGTB; Sun 1 Jul '07, 5:26pm.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    I go both ways... I use both vB and IPB, so I try to be as fair as possible when comparing the two products, so if someone here says something that is flat-out incorrect about IPB or any other product, I usually try to correct them.
    Just out of curiousity, can you provide links to your posts on the IPB forums where you vigorously defend vB just like you defend IPB here? I don't doubt your sincerity but I have heard that such posts do not survive very long there. If fact, I've never been able to locate a single one. It's kind of like Waiting for Godot.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Let there be known that I almost replied to this thread comparing both

That's not a good thing, is it?

Leave a comment:

• cemartin
    replied
    vB and IPB are two different products. It's as simple as that (or is it?). Yes, some aspects of both can be compared (such as the ACP, default style, user management options, etc.), but they both have their own unique features that can simply not be compared to each other. Whenever I see the, "Which one is better: vB or IPB?" question posed, I almost always say, "Neither one; they are both great in their own way". Some responses to that same question that I've seen are:

In favor of vBulletin:
    vB rox! If u say that IPB kicks vB's butt, u are wrong!

In favor of IPB:
    IPB is the bomb. vB sucks because it's not as good as IPB.

As I always say, different strokes for different folks. Is vB a great piece of software? Absolutely. Is IPB a great piece of software, as well? Yes. It all boils down to personal preference, but when it comes down to a comparison, being fair is key. Look at both sides of the comparison; don't allow your personal opinion to get in the way.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• JakeS
    replied
    Originally posted by Quillz View Post
    I go both ways... I use both vB and IPB, so I try to be as fair as possible when comparing the two products, so if someone here says something that is flat-out incorrect about IPB or any other product, I usually try to correct them.
    Lol @ you go both ways

I've used both IPB & vBulletin, IPB feels more comfy in the ACP than vBulletin, but vBulletin has got all what IPB is missing.

Leave a comment:

• Quillz
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
    And there are a notable group that reflexively defend IPB here are every opportunity - almost as if they are lying in wait to pounce on anyone who dare criticizes them.

I am quite sure that such similar actions would not be tolerated on the IPB forums. Or aAt least no one has every provided a link to show that is the case.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    And there are a notable group that reflexively defend IPB here are every opportunity - almost as if they are lying in wait to pounce on anyone who dare criticizes them.

I am quite sure that such similar actions would not be tolerated on the IPB forums. Or aAt least no one has every provided a link to show that is the case.

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    I see. I didn't understand you were talking about criticism, as most of the customers who talk about vBulletin's competitors here are usually defending vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X