No announcement yet.

IPB (I'm a little annoyed really)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got my Meta Tag hack for my board from a well known IPB modding site, and it works great and was easy to install to add meta tags globally on all pages, gallery, blog, download manager, the lot.

And it's all admin cp controlled, it even lets you add other meta tags like author or whatever. So, maybe they should use that hack and make it a default feature.

http://www.invisionmodding.com/index...howtopic=16100

Comment

My cousin recently switched one of the boards to IPB and spent sometime modifying things to change the ALT tag and a few other things. IT would be nice if it was made easier to change like in vB.

Comment

Or people could switch to vB.

Comment

I guess that's why you should use vBulletin
          only a phrase change to edit the title tag here
          -- Web Developer for hire
          ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

Comment

Quillz why are you picking on the guy?
            Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

Originally posted by Dream View Post
              Quillz why are you picking on the guy?
              I'm not picking on the guy, I'm just merely pointing that many of the points he mentioned regarding IPB can also be applied to SMF, vB, phpBB, etc. Of course he's entitled to his opinion, and what he says about the meta tags are true, it's just that I feel a lot of times on this board discussion about other bulletin boards tends to get excessively negative. (This happens on a lot of Linux boards too when discussing Windows.)
              Forums

Comment

Um, doesn't vBulletin forbid discussion of IPB?

Comment

While we are quite happy to have constructive comparative conversations about competitor's products, we will not tolerate blatant adverts or the sort of 'ooh look, yet another bulletin board' threads. Also, we would appreciate it if you refrain from blatant bashing of other boards.
                  We don't mind if software is being discussed, personally I don't see a reason why this discussion is on this web site, it's about IPS software.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                    We don't mind if software is being discussed, personally I don't see a reason why this discussion is on this web site, it's about IPS software.
                    Ooh.

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                      Oh no! How dare IPS attach to their names to their products! I guess Microsoft is a horrible company for having the Microsoft name on their splash screen, on their movie making software, etc.

Honestly, if you're complaining that IPS has too much advertising within their products (which can be changed, perhaps not easily, but changed nonetheless), then maybe you shouldn't run a bulletin board at all. I don't see what makes vB any "better," per se, last I checked, there is a lot of self-promotion of Jelsoft within the ACP, as well.
                      lol
                      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Thing is though, I do use vBulletin, I use both. So the comment about switching to vB from IPB from Zack is neither here nor there to me. I own both and use both!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeS View Post
                          Um, doesn't vBulletin forbid discussion of IPB?
                          No, but my understanding is that IPB is not nearly as tolerant of posts about vB on their forums. For instance if some of the IPB defenders that automatically and consistently come to the defense of IPB on these forums did the same thing in the IPB forums in defense of vB, I have reason to believe their posts and possibly posting privileges wouldn't last long.

Nonetheless as our record shows we are not afraid of comparisons and a reasonable discussion of features. We actually believe that we can learn something from our customers.
                          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                            We actually believe that we can learn something from our customers.
                            You should learn everything from your customers! Have you meant "our competitors" Steve?
                            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Actually I meant what I said. Not all companies are good at listening to their customers, particularly when criticism is involved. We are not perfect, but I have seen a lot worse.
                              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I see. I didn't understand you were talking about criticism, as most of the customers who talk about vBulletin's competitors here are usually defending vBulletin.
                                You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X