Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who bought an iPhone?! Or planning to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At least we know its solid:

http://www.pcworld.com/video/id,545-...d,0/video.html

Comment

bmc, I wonder if you'll be as enthusiastic about your phone in 6 months time when the battery only lasts you a day or so, and you have to pay apple to replace your battery, and keep your phone while they do it
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

I had an email from someone who I know at AT&T PR and he said that over 50% of the cases in regards to activation problems is that users have to turn off/on the iPhone and then it shows activated.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Huang View Post
          I must say, the display is pretty good from that picture... I wouldn't be able to see my phone's display in a picture like that.
          Yes, it's quite a nice display.

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
          How good is the key pad and does it come with a display protector..

Try using the key pad with your thumbs and see if it inputs other buttons next to it.
          I'm assuming you're referring to how typing is on the keyboard... I am extremely amazed at how fast it took me to get the hang of this keyboard, and I have been practicing typing with it. It increases your productivity with the predictive word sensor that auto-corrects words you misspell (for the most part it does an excellent job) and is quite fun to type on it as well. I started out with my index finger typing on it slowly and began to use two thumbs and began typing a little bit faster as I learned how to use the keyboard. I love the keyboard on the iPhone as it's very easy to use and quite intuitive, and Apple did a great job with it.
          The Relationship Forum
          The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeS View Post
            I saw that video earlier today - quite reassuring!

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
            bmc, I wonder if you'll be as enthusiastic about your phone in 6 months time when the battery only lasts you a day or so, and you have to pay apple to replace your battery, and keep your phone while they do it
            I'm going to purchase the AppleCare Protection Plan for the iPhone when Apple releases that for sale this July at a set price of $69 for an additional year of warranty and coverage for the iPhone should anything go wrong with it, and it includes them replacing the iPhone battery.
            The Relationship Forum
            The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

Comment

I just watched Systm where they got in to the store, bought one, walked out and dropped it normally .. and the screen cracked Then they cracked the iPhone and took it 100% apart live on the street. Was pretty cool to see. ~Interesting at least. This is over at revision3.com

Comment

This is going to be tough, I have a $150 voucher and I can but anything in Future Shop. I want the iPhone cause it look neat, but then I would rather have xBox 360.... I will wait another for about 3 months to see if I need to replace my Blackberry with iPhone... If the packages are steep, then I will stay with what I have and buy the xBox 360.

Comment

I want one of these, we may have to wait until December for the UK users. Looks too big though.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeS View Post
                    Well knowing my luck it'll last me: 5 minutes

I always leave my things on charge (Force of habit) so yeah maybe a day or 2 for me
                    That should matter, all rechargeable batteries made these days are at least lithium-ion, which can be charged and discharged, there's no memory effect like there were in nickel cadmium batteries.
                    Forums

Comment

No iPhones in my country.

I'm not sad though, rather get an iBook than an iPhone. At least after reading this topic.
                      Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

I hate to break it to you, but they don't make the iBook anymore. You'll have to settle for a MacBook instead.
                        Forums

Comment

My dad and I decided to splurge today and he got an iPhone. We had to go to three Apple Stores to find it, but we got one. After playing with it at the store, we decided that even though we were currently on Verizon, it's so good that it's worth switching networks.

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                          I've only had my RAZR for a year and the battery doesn't last more than a day. I don't mind because I just charge it at night anyways.
                          Bugdar: PHP bug tracking software that is beautiful, fast, and robust.

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                            I hate to break it to you, but they don't make the iBook anymore. You'll have to settle for a MacBook instead.
                            It's the same thing, is it not? Wonder why they dumped iBook, such a good name.
                            Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

Originally posted by bmc View Post
                              I waited in line since 8 AM yesterday morning and was #3 in line at my local AT&T Store. I got my iPhone, and we initially had some trouble with activating the service through AT&T on iTunes which was extremely frustrating, but we got it all resolved and my iPhone was activated very quickly (faster than some of the other people who are currently experiencing trouble).

As far as first impressions are, I just could not stop grinning because what I've seen online and on TV since January is now finally in my hands, and my own now. It is just ... there isn't really a word to describe how awesome it is (awesome is the closest word I can find for this iPhone). I haven't tried out all of the features, and am still playing around with it a lot, but I love what I have played around with so far (especially Google Maps).

I've got a case coming for it soon.

It's just such an unbelievable phone. If you're considering getting one, you should really stop by a store to check it out before you buy it, but once you start using it you'll most definitely begin to like it for its user-friendliness and its sheer sexiness that Apple so beautifully pulls off, and has done excellently with this iPhone.
                              I couldn't agree more. I purchased mine yesterday as well and almost exploded with excitement when I turned it on. It's the most amazing piece of technology I've ever used. Last year I payed around $500 for the Sony Ericsson k790a and that phone is an absolute joke compared to my new iPhone.

To me the coolest feature is getting online through my wifi and using Safari to browse the web. We have wifi everywhere around here so I'm not even worried about EDGE.

It's also so much smaller and nicer then it looks online, super thin.
                              The second you hold an iPhone in your hands you'll be sold.

Comment

To be honest, I am getting a bit tired of Apple switching the prefix for products. They changed their computer names from Apple (like the Apple II) to i(something) like the iBook, and perhaps because of their i<software> line. But now they moved it to Mac<something> and keep i in front of their software like iWorks. But no wait, now it is <apple icon> in front of their products, like apple.tv. But oh no wait. It is iPhone, not Mac Phone, not AppleIcons.Phone. To be honest, I don't really care, but I wonder if their next iMac is following the trend in Q4 '07 and change from iMac to AppleIcon.Mac or MacTop instead of Desktop. You never know They called it Mac .. mini/book/pro ...... and iMac. hehe. Oh well. At least it all translates to beauty in a box.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X