Someone wants to sell his / her ownde vB License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone wants to sell his / her ownde vB License

As the topic says, I'm looking forward to find someone who wants to sell his / her ownde license of vBulletin.

don't think you'd find a seller. why not just buy a license from vB ?
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

[email protected]

he was selling his 3-4 month old license for $100. e-mail him and see if it's still available. you should be careful about security though. make sure the transaction will be secure before proceding or else you could get ripped off.

Comment

Those "nice" people at InfoPop try to prevent any re-sale of a UBB license.

However it is a basic right to be able to sell on what you have bought and that right is protected under many countries legislation.

I am pleased to note that the VB license terms don't try to restrict this right which would be unforceable in the UK at least.

Comment

I'm not sure about that. A license to use software is different from a physical product which you actually own.

Infopop requires their pre-approval before sale. We don't but we do require that you inform us by emailing to have the name on the license changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pilot
            Those "nice" people at InfoPop try to prevent any re-sale of a UBB license.

However it is a basic right to be able to sell on what you have bought and that right is protected under many countries legislation.

I am pleased to note that the VB license terms don't try to restrict this right which would be unforceable in the UK at least.
            that istn't true i don't think, if a company wants their product to be non transferable they have every right to do so. Just think of named rugby tickets for example that are non exchangable.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk
            DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Not so. It's a popular "try-on" but illegal in the UK.

Unfair Contract Terms Act 1999 prohibits the "exclusion of consumers right to assign" (or sell on). See OFT guidance notes section 18 Group D.

"Terms which seek to restrict that right are subject to scrutiny by the office of fair trading."

Even airline tickets are transferable - you may have to pay a fee to change the name though.

This is especially the case for items of lasting value eg indefinite licenses for software.

What if VB cost £1 million, you are saying that you have no right to sell your assets? Of course you do, whether is $160 or any amount.

The OFT lists many examples of "non-transferable" contracts which were ruled invalid. This includes guarentees as well.

Comment

I guess if you file for chapter 13 you have to sell you assets as well..so you could sell it then, is that correct?

Comment

As explained above, in the UK, any contract term restricting re-sale is "unfair" and therefore invalid.

IMHO you can sell your UBB license if you are a UK resident (and for any reason, at any time).

Comment

that is quite interesting although would think a license is different to something like a physical product. For example, with infopop license price is different depending on the size of the company using it. Clearly someone couldn't sell one license to another if their business was bigger could they.... or i guess they could but they company could just not use it.
                    Christopher Padfield
                    Web Based Helpdesk
                    DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Jakeman

Hello all,

This is Hooper, ricksbestfriend, etc...

I do have a vB license owned that I purchased. I took my site down for lack of funding and it remains for sale. I don't come in here posting on it but when I see someone asking for a license I will reply. This license has 9-10 months of upgrading on it. I want a hundred bucks for it. If you are interested you are welcome to email me at [email protected]. I have already emailed James at vBulletin about the sale a while back and everything is good to go.

Jakeman is just a little on the paranoid side.

Take care all......
                      Last edited by Hooper; Wed 25 Jul '01, 11:41am.

Comment

My UBB license was bought before the banding came into effect, but yes the banding of size of organisation would obviously apply to more recent licenses.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X