X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indexing Website

If my site is located at domain.com
    and my forums are located at forums.domain.com

but there are no links leading to the forum. will it still be found/indexed in google or other search engines?

How would regular users even know there's a forum if there's no link to it from the main site?
    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I dont want them to, not for now anyway. Users who need to see the forum will see the link through their cPanel.

Comment

Oh, then they probably won't be looking for it though.
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Forums get index better /forums, I wouldn't recommend forum.domain.com

Comment

Location does not affect indexing. It might affect ranking if that's what you mean, but there's convincing arguments either way I'd certainly not say it is conclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by unknown22 View Post
              I dont want them to, not for now anyway. Users who need to see the forum will see the link through their cPanel.
              Then no... Google, MSN and Yahoo will not see or index your site. They follow public links. No public links, no indexing.
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

And manual submissions, assuming that anyone would want to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  Then no... Google, MSN and Yahoo will not see or index your site. They follow public links. No public links, no indexing.
                  Thanks, thats what i wanted to know.

Comment

They will still find out about your URL via a referral header. It's quite common and has happened to private URLs of mine a few times. The safest bet is to just block the search engines indexing it via a robots.txt file
                    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X