Database backup: How? Tips and Tricks, suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Database backup: How? Tips and Tricks, suggestions

I have reached a point where I need to be serious this time. So how do you all back up your database? What is the best way to do it (Automatic/Manual)? I would prefer to do an autobackup every week. I have lxadmin on VPS.

I need your valuable opinions on this.
    www.christianforumsite.com
    sigpic

Use the shell script provided in your "Do Not Upload" folder as a Crontab to do regular backups.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I use cron via my host cPanel and set it up to do daily backups to a folder above my root directory, which is not web accessible, to a folder that is chmod to 777. Choose a quite time of the day for it to do the automated backups, Like 4am or something.

Each backup is named after that day also. So I can easy tell which was the last one done for that week.

Comment

You're on a VPS, and the host dont allow SSH Access to it???
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

If you use some kind of "server software" like PLESK or cpanel, you can do automatic backup by just turning on internal backup system.

Comment

cPanel comes with Cron, you can setup cron from there to do automated backups for you at a certain time of the day. Thats what I use and have 7 cron jobs setup to backup my sit everyday, early hours in the morning, and the best thing is. It will just overwrite the previous weeks one if you do like I do and call each backup after the day its doing it. Like monday.sql, tueday.sql etc

So if anything goes wrong, at least you have a backup for each day of the last 7 days
            Last edited by MRGTB; Sun 24 Jun '07, 10:08am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X