Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Really Cool Microsoft Technology

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Really Cool Microsoft Technology

    Microsoft is pretty much making the Minority Report a reality with this really cool new technology. This is going to be so cool!

    http://www.break.com/index/really-co...echnology.html

  • #2
    I saw this a couple of weeks ago or whenever they had the event. I'm sure it's been posted here already mate
    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

    Comment


    • #3
      Kinda simular to the interface in 'Earth: Final Conflict' small flying crafts, but it was spatial 3D interface use. I am sure they are developing that within 10 years.

      Comment


      • #4
        Microsoft didn't develop this. This was developed by someone else. (too lazy to look up the link) I think the guy's name is Jeff Han.

        The Taelon Shuttlecraft's interface was far better.
        Last edited by ManagerJosh; Sat 16 Jun '07, 4:21pm.
        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
          Microsoft didn't develop this. This was developed by someone else. (too lazy to look up the link) I think the guy's name is Jeff Han.

          The Taelon Shuttlecraft's interface was far better.
          [sarcasm]Of course they did! Their Microsoft and they have all original ideas that no one has ever known of before .
          [/sarcasm]

          It's pretty cool I guess.

          Comment


          • #6
            Yaa, Microsoft had very little to do with the development...
            Though, its very likely that they will just buy everyone else out in the end...
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

            Comment


            • #7
              I've seen Microsoft Surface before, and it looks actually neat for something Microsoft's making. Here is the Microsoft Surface official website: http://www.microsoft.com/surface/
              The Relationship Forum
              The Relationship Forum is the best online forum for getting advice and help about romantic and non-romantic relationships, dating and marriage advice, and love.

              Comment


              • #8
                It would kill any Blackjack/Poker dealers if Casio's start using this technology
                and can see this in restaurants if they wish to replace Waiter/tress.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                  and can see this in restaurants if they wish to replace Waiter/tress.
                  Yeah, but who would bring out the food? Plus, it's not the same tipping a computer 15%.

                  I did see this about a year ago. The guy was having some trouble sorting pictures or whatever. I also saw a newer video a couple months ago where he scanned an image by laying it down on the surface and hitting an on screen button.

                  It's a cool idea, but it won't replace the mouse and keyboard for a while.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Chousho View Post
                    Yeah, but who would bring out the food? Plus, it's not the same tipping a computer 15%.

                    I did see this about a year ago. The guy was having some trouble sorting pictures or whatever. I also saw a newer video a couple months ago where he scanned an image by laying it down on the surface and hitting an on screen button.

                    It's a cool idea, but it won't replace the mouse and keyboard for a while.
                    Not at the price its going to be no....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Chousho View Post
                      Yeah, but who would bring out the food? Plus, it's not the same tipping a computer 15%.
                      In Canada they called servers and in the U.S.A. I dought it would work, as from what I understand Waiter/tress get paided by presentable service {Tips} and no wages, just like commission based sales. At least it should aleaviate Carpal Tunnel Syndrome patients or not...

                      I see this beening made to a keyboard that you can setup your key(s) function they way you like it. The mouse can easily be replace, but if you play games you are going to get alot of finger blisters.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                        In Canada they called servers and in the U.S.A. I dought it would work, as from what I understand Waiter/tress get paided by presentable service {Tips} and no wages, just like commission based sales. At least it should aleaviate Carpal Tunnel Syndrome patients or not...

                        I see this beening made to a keyboard that you can setup your key(s) function they way you like it. The mouse can easily be replace, but if you play games you are going to get alot of finger blisters.
                        I'm pretty sure they get paid, but it's not mandatory that they get minimum wage. I had a friend who made $2 and change an hour, but cleaned up about $200 or so in tips on the weekends.

                        Although, we're talking about Microsoft replacing waiters, so:

                        Step 1: Enter the item you'd like to eat
                        Step 2: Get your welcome message

                        "Well, honey, it looks like another day without food".

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Chousho View Post
                          I'm pretty sure they get paid, but it's not mandatory that they get minimum wage. I had a friend who made $2 and change an hour, but cleaned up about $200 or so in tips on the weekends.

                          Although, we're talking about Microsoft replacing waiters, so:

                          Step 1: Enter the item you'd like to eat
                          Step 2: Get your welcome message

                          "Well, honey, it looks like another day without food".
                          Damn right.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                            It would kill any Blackjack/Poker dealers if Casio's start using this technology
                            and can see this in restaurants if they wish to replace Waiter/tress.
                            They already have these kinds of machines (in a way), in casinos. They are a con though, particularly the blackjack ones. I'd never use anything in a casino that is done by a computer, personally. I'll stick to poker!
                            Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                              They already have these kinds of machines (in a way), in casinos. They are a con though, particularly the blackjack ones. I'd never use anything in a casino that is done by a computer, personally. I'll stick to poker!
                              Yeah easier to cheat than it is on a computer

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X