Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gossamer links import into php/mysql links script?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gossamer links import into php/mysql links script?

I was wondering if anyone knows of a php/mysql links directory script which can import Gossamer Threads Links v2.0 perl script's data?
    Last edited by George L; Fri 20th Jul '01, 1:19am.
    :: Always Back Up Forum Database + Attachments BEFORE upgrading !
    :: Nginx SPDY SSL - World Flags Demo [video results]
    :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Check In-Link... Its a great script and they just released versioon 2.... I love it and its very flexable and I just upgraded and workinf on it... so do take a look.....

http://www.in-link.net

and they are working on all possible imports
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    *--------* (IN THE NAME Of ALLAH THE MOST MERCIFUL) *------*
    ============================================================
    =================== Turki M. Al-Ballaa =================
    ============================================================
    I am a Saudi, I am an Arab, I am a Muslim, I am a Human!!
    @@ All Humans are one, the only difference is in [email protected]@
    So peace and prosperity to all, may we all live in harmony.
    Salam! Peace!

www.arabianoasis.net
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Comment

Or if someone can send me some data from gossamer links, I will make an importer for my link directory script.

Comment

problem with importing from links is most people will have changed the database structure a bit, meaning you won't have a standard import tool.
        Christopher Padfield
        Web Based Helpdesk
        DeskPRO v3.0.3 Released - Download Demo Now!

Comment

Is that due to hacking or something else?

Comment

not really hacking just using it, links2 can be used for content management you see so you can add any fields you want to the database (and quite easily considering it is stored in a text file). As Links 2 is woefully under featured these days, anyone adding even the simplest bit of functionality to the program would be adding a field to the database.

The only thing you could do realy is read in the config file yourself, determine the numeber of columns, ask the user which columns they want to associate with whatever columns you are using and then import those relevant ones.
            Christopher Padfield
            Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

well not sure since the Gossamer links data isn't mine.. one large anime links directory site closed and i was thinking of taking it over... but aftering emailing the owner i think i pretty much solved his problem so i think he might reopen it himself. Otherwise, i might need some help with a port hehe
              :: vBulletin hacked forums: Clean Up Guide for VPS/Dedicated hosting users [ vbulletin.com blog summary ]

Comment

Originally posted by SAWolf76
                Check In-Link... Its a great script and they just released versioon 2.... I love it and its very flexable and I just upgraded and workinf on it... so do take a look.....
                Thanks for posting this! I've been tracking the development, but didn't expect them to release 2 until the fall. This script may prove a worthy competitor to Gossamer's Links SQL Perl script.

Do you know if vBulletin's user authentication can be used with In-Link? Anyone have a hack for it yet?

Comment

we really do need a decent links script, i bought the gossamer threads one and not really that satisified. The reason i got it was for the editor features, i wanted a mini dmoz for my category but the editing features are woefully incomplete making them pretty much useless. And the fact that there is not even a review feature for a $450 product is in my opinion crazy. It is however incredibly flexible but expect to spend hours and hours just getting it to display links and the templates are horrible.

The plug in capability is very clever but i would imagine an inefficent way of doing things. not much use when it appears to be too complicated to actually make any plugins anyway (i think only about 3 people do so and nothing spectacular has been made).

Big market out there for a links script, i think James' might fill some of it.
                  Christopher Padfield
                  Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

There's a review you won't find on Links SQL forums.

Links SQL has one critical feature that any resources manager I've looked at lacks - the ability to enter resources in more than one category - i.e. cross-reference. In-link 2 was supposed to have this ability, but I haven't had time to check it out.

I think most of the work in current version of Links SQL went into the engine. I expect Gossamer will work on the customization and interface for the next version. But, I'd prefer a PHP script, just to simplify things since we have to deal with PHP for vbulletin. Besides, InLink is only $195.

Comment

I agree, they have got the engine working and will now make mdos. Things is these are going to cost money, their search engine spider is expensive to say the least and the goto mod they are making is well $1,000(s) (but that is more understandable as it is a commerical use product).

The many-many relation thing in links is very good but is not really that hard a thing for a script to do, i think it is in James' script but you need to check with him.
                      Christopher Padfield
                      Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

well i just remembered i'm using phplinks at http://links.i4net.tv

but it doesn't do ports i don't think for the standard script

vBulletin category -> http://links.i4net.tv/index.php?PID=4

Comment

I saw the market gap and decided to develop one - right now it is fairly weak feature-wise but I'm currently re-doing parts for optimization then it will be ready for new features 'en masse'.

I priced it cheaper than all the others (well the others I know about) in the hope it would attract more customers that way.
                          If you have any suggestions, like having links in two categories, please feel free to let me know.

Comment

the features i would want are editor features. I made a huge list at links SQL forums somehwere if you are interested, otherwise basically the key features of dmoz.com

(become an editor if you are not so you can see what it is like using their system, very powerful).
                            Christopher Padfield
                            Web Based Helpdesk

Comment

Yeah I recently became an editor of the Bulletin Boards category over there - I was pretty shocked at the power of their system as well. I've made a list of all the features I want to use and will be implementing some of them very shortly.

Comment

Working...
                              X