X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JakeS
    replied
    Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    Oh I got that wrong then, it just I've seen people coming here before talking about them running a nulled version and want to buy a licence. I never saw it being said then they had to remove the nulled files.
    That's because if your going to buy a licence you know you would remove the files due to piracy.. most people just overwrite the current, easily done.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Oh I got that wrong then, it just I've seen people coming here before talking about them running a nulled version and want to buy a licence. I never saw it being said then they had to remove the nulled files.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    We do not permit to run nulled files, even if you have a license.

Leave a comment:

• JakeS
    replied
    Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
    It doesn't matter if your running a nulled version as long as you own a licence to run vbulletin itself. It's not a question of shutting it down because your running a nulled version, but a question of the site owning a licence to run vbulletin.

But why anybody would want to run a nulled version thats been played around with by hackers when they own a licence to download a proper version. Is asking for be hacked!
    Not quite...

Leave a comment:

• .Aro
    replied
    Actually, that's not legal.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89197

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by .Aro View Post
    Issue resolved on our end, I suppose. The copy may or may not have been pirated as far as I know, but regardless, we are running the latest build from the official member area right now. Feel free to close this...or leave it open, if you are still investigating or whatnot.
    It doesn't matter if your running a nulled version as long as you own a licence to run vbulletin itself. It's not a question of shutting it down because your running a nulled version, but a question of the site owning a licence to run vbulletin.

But why anybody would want to run a nulled version thats been played around with by hackers when they own a licence to download a proper version. Is asking for be hacked!

Leave a comment:

• .Aro
    replied
    Issue resolved on our end, I suppose. The copy may or may not have been pirated as far as I know, but regardless, we are running the latest build from the official member area right now. Feel free to close this...or leave it open, if you are still investigating or whatnot.

Leave a comment:

• Black Magic
    replied
    Guess I was a bit late there then

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Black Magic View Post
    Hey guys, I'm staff on the same forum and if it's okay with you, I would like to talk to him personally first before reporting the forum. I've already posted a topic confronting him about it in private, and if he refuses to get other software legally or buy vBulletin, I will report him.

I do not support piracy in the least, nor will I tolerate it. I just want to give him the chance to make things right before handing authority over to you guys.

Thanks!
    Already reported, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• Black Magic
    replied
    Hey guys, I'm staff on the same forum and if it's okay with you, I would like to talk to him personally first before reporting the forum. I've already posted a topic confronting him about it in private, and if he refuses to get other software legally or buy vBulletin, I will report him.

I do not support piracy in the least, nor will I tolerate it. I just want to give him the chance to make things right before handing authority over to you guys.

Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• leftie
    replied
    That would be, they're pirates.

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    They make me laugh, there pirates and they can even spell the word

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Probably a pirated version. What is the URL and we can check into it.

Leave a comment:

• Colin F
    replied
    It's likely that's a cracked version. I recommend you submit the URL here: http://www.vbulletin.com/piracy.php

Leave a comment:

• .Aro
    started a topic Question about vBulletin 3.6.2

Question about vBulletin 3.6.2

Hello,

Not sure if I'm posting in the right spot, but I'm a Super Mod on a vB 3.6.2 installation, and on the Mod CP main page, none of the names are linked to their profiles here like on http://demo.vbulletin.com, and the piracy company is called "Phirate Reports", also unlinked. I was wondering, was vB 3.6.2 released like this, or is it possible that this is a pirated version?

Regards,
    .Aro
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X