Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Safari for Windows - Fastest PC Browser

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    fastest browser ever? not in my experience today, slower than firefox, more resource hungry than firefox, and less features than firefox (2). Think I'll pass.
    Aye

    Comment


    • #32
      Here's what I see (attached). Oh yay.
      Attached Files
      "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
      It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

      --Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by welo View Post
        Here's what I see (attached). Oh yay.
        It's not even compatible with their own site?
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

        Comment


        • #34
          It seems to be just fine on Windows XP here (through parallels)

          This is a big screenshot of windows xp professional 32bit, running default installation on parallels on a mac pro, using default internet explorer 6, standard fresh install of firefox 2.0.0.4 and the beta of safari for windows.

          right click & download because it's over 3300 pixels wide

          And this one is the same, but now on vista 32bit, default install on parallels on the mac pro, using default ie7, fresh firefox 2.0.0.4 and the beta of sarafi for windows.

          right click & download, because this one is big too

          All sites load vbcom.

          I also checked opera 9.21, but it gives an error in both xp/vista

          I can't reproduce the errors users post in this thread btw, I've browsed about 15 different web sites, it loads just fine, loads very fast, and doesn't crash.
          Last edited by Floris; Tue 12th Jun '07, 2:58pm.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Floris View Post
            This is a big screenshot …
            What size is your monitor?
            http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

            Comment


            • #36
              1 videocard, 2x dvi, 1x 20,1" per dvi - see this post for a picture

              so that's 1680x1050 per monitor, parallels is just spawning over the two monitors after which i made a screenshot. Which includes both monitors, and shows as 1 huge screenshot.

              Comment


              • #37
                Originally posted by Floris View Post
                1 videocard, 2x dvi, 1x 20,1" per dvi - see this post for a picture

                so that's 1680x1050 per monitor, parallels is just spawning over the two monitors after which i made a screenshot. Which includes both monitors, and shows as 1 huge screenshot.
                Ah I see. Cool.
                http://britishexpats.com/ - British expatriate community

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Floris View Post
                  I can't reproduce the errors users post in this thread btw, I've browsed about 15 different web sites, it loads just fine, loads very fast, and doesn't crash.
                  Aside from the blurred fonts, I didn't get any errors. Even in your screenshots the fonts for Safari appeared a too blurry for my tastes. I just can't get over the ugly interface of the application.
                  Translations provided by Google.

                  Wayne Luke
                  The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                  vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                  Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    I agree, the design should simply match the operating system's theme. not force an apple look.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      I dont like it. It's aesthetically horrible, trying to force a Mac look on my PC. Pages load a bit slower than FireFox thanks to it.

                      For now, I'll stick with Firefox on my PC, Safari on my Mac.

                      http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/1754/safaritv1.png

                      Edit: Also realized just now I can't middle-click to scroll...A major mistake on Apple's part. Also, scrolling takes forever with the mouse wheel. Definitely sticking with FireFox.
                      Last edited by .Aro; Tue 12th Jun '07, 4:28pm.

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by Kier View Post
                        By the way, if you want to patch vBulletin to properly detect Safari for Windows (which 3.6.7 does not) then open up includes/functions.php then find this line:
                        PHP Code:
                        if (strpos($useragent'applewebkit') !== false AND $is['mac']) 
                        and replace it with this line:
                        PHP Code:
                        if (strpos($useragent'applewebkit') !== false
                        Thank You, it worked fine. Now I can see the pull menus on Navbar in Safari Windows.
                        Last edited by HobbiesPR; Tue 12th Jun '07, 4:51pm.
                        HobbiesPR.com - Hobbies Radio Control Forum
                        AnytimeHosting.com

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Floris View Post
                          It seems to be just fine on Windows XP here (through parallels)

                          This is a big screenshot of windows xp professional 32bit, running default installation on parallels on a mac pro, using default internet explorer 6, standard fresh install of firefox 2.0.0.4 and the beta of safari for windows.

                          right click & download because it's over 3300 pixels wide

                          And this one is the same, but now on vista 32bit, default install on parallels on the mac pro, using default ie7, fresh firefox 2.0.0.4 and the beta of sarafi for windows.

                          right click & download, because this one is big too

                          All sites load vbcom.

                          I also checked opera 9.21, but it gives an error in both xp/vista

                          I can't reproduce the errors users post in this thread btw, I've browsed about 15 different web sites, it loads just fine, loads very fast, and doesn't crash.
                          Damn its just not wide enough is it? Go wider!

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by welo View Post
                            Here's what I see (attached). Oh yay.
                            Originally posted by Onimua View Post
                            It's not even compatible with their own site?
                            I guess I'm not sure . Would help considerably if the thing revealed ... oh ... toolbars for instance. Maybe this is just an indicator it's time for a reformat. Been about a year.
                            "I can't seem to bring myself to say, 'Well, I guess I'll be toddling along.'
                            It isn't that I can't toddle. It's that I can't guess I'll toddle."

                            --Robert Benchley (1889-1945)

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              Originally posted by JakeS View Post
                              Damn its just not wide enough is it? Go wider!
                              Just done that to make a quick screenshot Parallels allows you to drag the window to any size you want, and then the windows inside resizes to that resolution - not limiting you to standard resolutions. Very handy

                              Usually parallels runs windows full screen on the right monitor in the background, so i can just 'cube effect' switch to it as if i am swapping computer.

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Went ahead and installed it on OS X now, seems to run ever smoother than on Windows. For a beta, I find it pretty stable and good enough for everday use as my default browser.
                                Forums

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X