Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking News: Man Described As One of World's Top 10 Spammers Arrested in Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking News: Man Described As One of World's Top 10 Spammers Arrested in Seattle

SEATTLE A 27-year-old man described as one of the world's most prolific spammers was arrested Wednesday, and federal authorities said computer users across the Web could notice a decrease in the amount of junk e-mail.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,276573,00.html

Oh, shame.

Comment

Good.

Comment

who cares?

Comment

27 Years old and making that kind of money
          Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

Originally posted by NashTax View Post
            SEATTLE A 27-year-old man described as one of the world's most prolific spammers was arrested Wednesday, and federal authorities said computer users across the Web could notice a decrease in the amount of junk e-mail.

Guess he must have been bored

Comment

Do spammers get arrested?
              $post[signature]

Comment

No, the government like the idea of spammers, they get their tax off it

Comment

now break his legs
                  Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                    Do spammers get arrested?
                    Honestly, did you even read the title and the first post?

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                      Honestly, did you even read the title and the first post?
                      I did read them. That said "a spammer was arrested". I didn't go into that link.

My question was: Is the spam considered as a crime in law that people get arrested for it?
                      $post[signature]

Comment

I did read them. That said "a spammer was arrested". I didn't go into that link.

My question was: Is the spam considered as a crime in law that people get arrested for it?
                        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CAN-SPAM_Act_of_2003

Originally posted by NashTax View Post
                        SEATTLE — A 27-year-old man described as one of the world's most prolific spammers was arrested Wednesday, and federal authorities said computer users across the Web could notice a decrease in the amount of junk e-mail.

Two days old news.
                        ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                        Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Thanks Josh. I don't really have time/effort to read all that difficult law text.
                          $post[signature]

Comment

He didn't actually get arrested for sending spam to people. He got arrested for various fraud accounts including wire fraud and email fraud. He is also charged under various identity theft laws and with money laundering.

It wasn't so much the spam that got him arrested but how he distributed that and what he did with the information.
                            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud customization and demonstration site.
                            vBulletin 5 Documentation - Updated every Friday. Report issues here.
                            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                            I am not currently available for vB Messenger Chats.

Comment

Thanks Wayne. That made it clear for me.
                              $post[signature]

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X