• Show
Clear All

• thenewuser
    replied
    wow this arcade is pretty amazing :P

Leave a comment:

• thenewuser
    replied
    Thanks I will look into them once I get access to vb.org!

Leave a comment:

• Marco van Herwaarden
    replied
    Originally posted by thenewuser View Post
    Isn't the arcade mod for vB lame because it only has 10 games or so? Something about someone being scared about copyright infringement?
    Games, just like any other software, is copyrighted to the author. That we do not allow distributing copyrighted material (if it is games or anything else) without the consent of the copyright holder on our forums at vbulletin.com and vbulletin.org, tells a lot about the maturity of the community.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    If you search hard enough you can find a lot of games for the arcades. (ibproarcade is a good arcade system too)

I have some mods in my signature which I think are nice, all of them I use myself.

Leave a comment:

• thenewuser
    replied
    Originally posted by TTG View Post
    I've got 1500+ arcade games installed and adding more daily
    But how do you get a game to work with the challenge and score ranking system, doesn't that need to be coded in the flash game itself? Do you do that yourself by editing the game?

I'm very interested! Thanks guys!

Leave a comment:

• TTG
    replied
    I've got 1500+ arcade games installed and adding more daily

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    I don't know too many forums be it vbulletin or phpbb that has an arcade but this site http://www.lissaexplains.com/forum/a...hp?&act=Arcade has 162.

Leave a comment:

• thenewuser
    replied
    Originally posted by harmor View Post
    vbulletin arcade has hundreds of games.
    Hrm, I see 45 games available, good enough, I'll install, thanks!

Any other neato mods out there?

Leave a comment:

• harmor
    replied
    vbulletin arcade has hundreds of games.

Leave a comment:

• thenewuser
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    You're asking at the wrong site actually. But in a way you're right. Most addons to vBulletin are Plugins and Products. You don't have to hack the code to make modifications to it with vBulletin. There are hundreds of plugins, products, styles and template modifications at www.vbulletin.org. This is where all the talk goes on about modifying vBulletin.

As for the Arcade, I have about 35 games or so added to mine.
    Very neat, I guess things have improved! I went to that site but it keeps saying my key isn't right, even though it is, which is why I started this thread here.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You're asking at the wrong site actually. But in a way you're right. Most addons to vBulletin are Plugins and Products. You don't have to hack the code to make modifications to it with vBulletin. There are hundreds of plugins, products, styles and template modifications at www.vbulletin.org. This is where all the talk goes on about modifying vBulletin.

As for the Arcade, I have about 35 games or so added to mine.

Leave a comment:

• thenewuser
    replied
    Isn't the arcade mod for vB lame because it only has 10 games or so? Something about someone being scared about copyright infringement?

I have one for a phpbb board w/ 200 games, nice games too, a php coder told me it would cost $800 to get it going on vB.

I'm surprised this only has 1 reply. Maybe their aren't many good hacks out for vB?

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Arcade is pretty useful when your bored. Shoutbox is useful for chatting although decreases posts made on the forum big time.

Leave a comment:

• thenewuser
    started a topic Cool hacks/mods?

Cool hacks/mods?

What hacks/mods do you have installed that you consider "cool", I'd like to see some neat ones. Comment on them too please.

I checked out "flash chat" mod, it costs $5. It's LOOKS nice graphically it's A+, however, the lag time on the chat, super duper dedicated server or not, is disgusting.

I installed some sort of profile/myspace type system. I can't remember the name. It was called xoops... or.. something like that? Anyway, the AJAX based profile system was amazing, and it connected you w/ other vb forums so people could meet people. HOWEVER!!!! the creators FOR SOME REASON made the graphics all puffy candy land/carebear like! I'm not joking. It really was a great script but no one wanted to use it cause it looked like a 4 year olds bed time book or something... You WILL know what I'm talking about when you see it...

phpadsnew now called openads, while this isn't a vB mod, this is a GREAT and free banner software. I use it on all of my sites, be warned, support is null.

PM Workbench - lets you view peoples PMs, ya this might seem evil, but I only use it if trouble starts or a scam happens or w/e.

Shoutbox - this ads a nice little chat box to your site, it's meh, works well enough.

Anyway, post your own, I'd love to see some newer mods as I've been "out of the loop" for a while now.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X